Windows 10: How to correct storage indicated as used

Discus and support How to correct storage indicated as used in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Storage Usage-Apps and Games, the amount of storage used is listed as much higher than the actual amount used. How can I correct this? 100063 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by windy, Dec 10, 2017.

1. windy Win User

How to correct storage indicated as used

In Storage Usage-Apps and Games, the amount of storage used is listed as much higher than the actual amount used. How can I correct this?

:)

windy, Dec 10, 2017
  2. Artpick Win User

Trouble opening MS Office applications on Treo 700w

Storage Card was in place when I did the upgrade, and actually, I think I indicated that the upgrade should be stored on the Storage Card. Was this not correct?

Artpick, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Second display indicated by AMD as disabled

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to mirror the screen on a third-party device, you need to make sure that the source as well as the receiver have Miracast support. If the manufacturer of the third-party device has mentioned that the device supports wireless display, then
    you can be rest assured of the Miracast compatibility with the device.

To use miracasting on your computer, please follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• To access project option on Windows 10 Technical Preview, press the
      Window + P keys together.
    • If your computer supports the Miracast display, then you will see an option as
      Add a wireless display.
    • Click on Add a Wireless display. It will start searching for the new displays which are available in the range provided. Once you find the required device on the search results, click on the
      device name.
    • Now Windows will install the required drivers on the device and shortly you will see the third part display displaying your device.
    • Later if you want to disconnect the device, you can do the same from your computer by going to the project screen (Windows + P keys) and clicking on the
      disconnect option.

Additional Information:

Project to a wireless display with Miracast

Stream pictures, video, and music using Play

(Links relevant for Windows 8.1 also applies to Windows 10)

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 10, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

How are you comparing them?

Storage app doesn't include compression (that can reduce games size by 70%). All it shows is the developers guess.

Can you give an example of how big something is shown and how big you think it should be.

TreeSize Free gives a reasonable estimate usually.

EDIT: Another thought - do you use Steam? There were bugs in the Steam App showing size to be sum of everything installed. Anyway, have a look with TreeSize and see.

Thema:

1. How to correct storage indicated as used - Similar Threads - correct storage indicated

2. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  3. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly: I have checked the storage of my computer and it state that the C: drive have around 190 GB.However, I did the actual calculations and the actual storage is 140.75So where is the extra 50 GB came from?Extra:...
  4. The Storage Data is Not Reflected Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to use Indic keyboard for window app on the laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Indic keyboard for window app on the laptop?: I like to write in my own language Marathi. I have installed the Microsoft Bhasha India tool. But I am able to use it only on the browser, but not able to use it on any windows app like Notebook. Can someone help me?...
  6. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

Storage is not showing the correct amount.: I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it...
  7. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage is not showing the correct amount.: I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it...
  8. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Storage shows that C: is 150GB, when it is not. How to correct this?

Storage shows that C: is 150GB, when it is not. How to correct this?: Actually, my C: is 49.1 GB, but Settings>Storage shows that C: is 150GB. Is there a way to correct this? [ATTACH] and storage, [ATTACH]...
  10. Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Sense Not Working Correctly: Hi there, I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it. I've prepared a .GIF image, showing what I encounter when I go to, Settings> System> Storage. [img] If you were able to view the image above. As you can...