Windows 10: How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am translating movie subs using Subtitle Edit and Subtitle Workshop. But in the .srt and .ssa files, the French diacritic signs are not displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by selaflaure, Sep 18, 2018.

1. How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10?

I am translating movie subs using Subtitle Edit and Subtitle Workshop. But in the .srt and .ssa files, the French diacritic signs are not displayed correctly. Precisely, it's about four diacritic sign, é, ê, ï and ç. Whatever I do, manually replacing them, replacing them with the Replace feature in SW or SE, these signs are displayed incorrectly. I was told that I could convert the .srt file into utf8, but that erases all the sub timing details, and a subtitle without timings is a nonsense. Is there a possibility to solve this problem?

:)

selaflaure, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Staffan Wärnberg, Sep 18, 2018
  3. fermor999 Win User
    srt native support windows 10

Hello!

Thank's for your reply.

I did not installed any codecs because, as i say, i read read that windows 10 have native support for .srt.

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-will-natively-support-ssa-****-and-srt-subtitle-formats

I have looked for codecs but could not find any for srt files that worked with windows media player or Windows Media Player 12 or the App Movies&TV whne i play it wit a .mkv file.

Could you tell me where to find those codecs?

Will windows 10 in the future have support for this kind of files?

Thanks

fermor999, Sep 18, 2018
  4. How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10?

Widows 10 - french Canada language pack mix 50% with english....

Hi Lemire,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with language in your system.

Follow the below suggestions and check if it helps:

Step 1:Change Clock, Language and region.

Follow the steps to select default language:

• In the search box, type
        Control Panel

• Select Clock, Language and Region.

• Select French.
    If French is not available in the list then Click on
    Add Language and select French from the list and make it your preferred language.

Step 2: Also To confirm the settings are set correctly:

1. Open Settings. Select Time& language, and then
    Region & Language.

2. Check the Language (set as default)
    setting for your Windows display language. If your desired language is not available, add your desired language:

• Click Add Language.
    • Select your desired language from the list.
    • Select the desired locale, which is the language/country combination.
    • Click on the newly selected locale and select
      Options
    • Under Download language pack, click
      Download.
    • Under Speech, click Download.
    • After the downloads are complete (this could take several minutes), return to the
      Time & Language settings.
    • Click on your new language and select Set as Default.
    • NOTE: IF you changed languages, you must sign out of your account and back in for the new setting to take effect.
    3. Check the Country or region setting.
    Make sure the country selected corresponds with the Windows display language set in the Language setting.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10?

1. How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - correctly display French

2. No in French

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No in French: HelloI've got a Surface Pro, since migrated from win10 to 11, I cannot use fully some website the website considers that I'm on mobile device, because I get error that this site isn't designed for mobile. I checked with several up to dated browser Brave, Edge, Chrome,...
  3. Windows 10 Weather widget not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Weather widget not displaying correctly: Recently, the weather widget on my task bar has not been displaying correctly, it keeps being replaced by the generic news iconThis is what it used to look like:And this is what it looks like now:And I have no idea how to revert this. I have looked into the settings and...
  4. Chrome not correctly displaying vowels with diacritics

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not correctly displaying vowels with diacritics: I am having a problem displaying text from a certain site in Google Chrome and I am not sure if it is a Windows problem, a Chrome problem, or a problem with the site in question. What happens is that when I open a page from the site containing a Japanese name written with a...
  5. Chrome not correctly displaying vowels with diacritics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome not correctly displaying vowels with diacritics: I am having a problem displaying text from a certain site in Google Chrome and I am not sure if it is a Windows problem, a Chrome problem, or a problem with the site in question. What happens is that when I open a page from the site containing a Japanese name written with a...
  6. Display in French Computer still in English

Display in French Computer still in English: Hello, I trying to realize a build of Windows 10 2004 with English and French language. So I got the ISO file of Windows 10 2004 by the software : "Windows-ISO-Downloader.exe", and the ISO Language Pack 2004 :...
  7. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution: My display resolution is 1920x1080. I have went into display settings and nvidia control panel and manually set everything to 1920x1080. To confirm, the option for 1920x1080 is showing up and it is showing up as applied. Went I open a program such as Firefox, Steam,...
  8. Installed fonts are not displayed correctly in Windows 10

Installed fonts are not displayed correctly in Windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to install new fonts on my Windows 10. The fonts gets installed and show up in the Office apps, but as I type, the font is not displaying correctly and is replaced by a generic font. The font file is a .TTF and it has been working for me on my other...
  9. Web application is displaying words in French

Web application is displaying words in French: Web application is displaying words in French (see attached) When the application is launched in Google Chrome, the words appear in French, and all of the headings are in French. can you advise how to show the headings/words in english?...
  10. Windows 10 Display Font not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Display Font not showing correctly: Hi people, Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit through an ISO file created by the Media Creation Tool, I noticed a font display problem. The screenshot shows the problem in Microsoft Edge (circled in red). The problem occurs in Internet Explorer and a few apps with...