Windows 10: How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else?

Discus and support How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good evening, I have Windows 10 Home retail full licence that I purchased almost 2 years ago when I was building my custom PC. Now I consider to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Albert{-.-}, Mar 21, 2020.

1. How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else?

Good evening,
    I have Windows 10 Home retail full licence that I purchased almost 2 years ago when I was building my custom PC.
    Now I consider to move to another machine that has Windows 10 OEM licence bound to it.
    If I will do it, I would like to sell my old PC possibly in parts I would like to sell also my Windows 10 licence as it will be not needed anymore.
    My questions are:
    Will be enough If I will do factory reset on my Old PC and than instead of logging in I will format HDD?
    Will be product key free up than?
    Will be enough to give envelope with pendrive and product key to the buyer?Will he be able to use this product key?

If this is incorrect please write step by step guide.
    I was searching for answers, but everything I found was related to OEM products - how to transfer OEM licence between accounts when selling device that's bound to it. I know that most of people are using OEM licences, but there is also some with full licences, and they need some support as well.

Best Regards

:)

Albert{-.-}, Mar 21, 2020
  2. sn00ker Win User

Windows 10 retail ?

Hello... I'm curious to know what is listed under activation for this version ( windows 10 retail ) not OEM or upgraded to 10 but rather a fresh clean install with a windows 10 retail iso file or usb . Also, is it true those usb stick which Microsoft is selling windows 10 is only the original version ? They don't come out with newer version once its available ? Thanks

sn00ker, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
  4. sabgenton Win User

How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else?

Has anyone moved the free windows 10 'Retail version' to another PC successfully?

I read on a questions and answers thread on Microsofts website that the free Windows 10 becomes the type it was upgraded from (e.g retail version).

Other threads seem to conclude it still acts like an OEM even in the case of the retail version binding only to the hardware it was first installed on.

Has anybody managed to reinstall Windows 10 on a new computer upgraded from a retail windows, or did it lock to the First hardware?

The EULA states "you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you" so it looks possible ...

Steps to try:

• Install windows 7/8.1 retail on machine A
    • Upgrade to windows 10 for free.
    • Uninstall windows completely from machine A
    • Install the same windows 7/8 retail on machine B
    • Upgrade to windows 10 again (here's hoping)

If someone has already done the first to steps feel free to try see if it works!

I personally don't want to try the first to steps just in case I can't transfer it after if anyone has done this or has some insight please let me know.

sabgenton, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else?

1. How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else? - Similar Threads - correctly sell retail

2. Can someone re-image and sell Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone re-image and sell Windows 10?: Recently, I came across a TV show Business Blasters an initiative from Delhi Government, India, to support budding startups from school students. They have multiple startups and each startup is held by a group of 4-5 students. I was really concerned about one such startup....
  3. Can someone re-image and sell Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone re-image and sell Windows 10?: Recently, I came across a TV show Business Blasters an initiative from Delhi Government, India, to support budding startups from school students. They have multiple startups and each startup is held by a group of 4-5 students. I was really concerned about one such startup....
  4. How to install Windows 10 for someone else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 for someone else: Hello,I've tried installing Windows 10 for someone else from a USBdisk created with the Windows MediaCreatoinTool.exe.But I immediately also get questions like 'connect to internet', 'your name' etc. Some I can bypass but some not.How do I install Windows so I can finish the...
  5. How to install Windows 10 for someone else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 10 for someone else: Hello,I've tried installing Windows 10 for someone else from a USBdisk created with the Windows MediaCreatoinTool.exe.But I immediately also get questions like 'connect to internet', 'your name' etc. Some I can bypass but some not.How do I install Windows so I can finish the...
  6. How to install Windows 10 for someone else

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Give old computer to someone else

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give old computer to someone else: I want to give my old laptop to a friend, but i don't want him to have access to my Microsoft account. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/give-old-computer-to-someone-else/6a4855d8-f594-4f91-9dab-6e3298d68baf
  8. Are the windows 10 usbs that Miscosoft sells oem or retail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are the windows 10 usbs that Miscosoft sells oem or retail?: Are the Microsoft sold windows 10 usbs oem or retail. submitted by /u/Dissappointment_420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/je6uq8/are_the_windows_10_usbs_that_miscosoft_sells_oem/
  9. Windows 10 Retail Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Version: Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to another laptop with the same product key?...
  10. windows 10 retail version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 retail version: hi, please can some one help me i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i purchased at a pc store its still unopened . the question i have is its been on my shelf about a year, will i still be able to use it at some point? thank you, *Smile 94340