Windows 10: How to create a complete restore dvd.

Discus and support How to create a complete restore dvd. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Greetings all. Low hours pilot here. I'm new to uSWin10 and before I blow up the used PC I bought to experiment with, I would like to know how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by fatkatie, Dec 12, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

How to create a complete restore dvd.

Greetings all. Low hours pilot here.

I'm new to uSWin10 and before I blow up the used PC I bought to experiment with, I would like to know how to fix it.

The OS license was obtained from the PC vendor. The uSW10Pro64 code was downloaded from uS and installed on the PC's empty disk. It was activated using a long hexadecimal sequence found on the license sticker. All is well at this point.

I want simulate a complete drive failure and see if I can restore my system. I intend on replacing the currently working hard drive with an identical, but empty, drive and see how it goes. Just how do I do this?

I don't want to just restore the OS, I want to restore the currently functioning OS with all it's user files etc. (The PC has a DVD writer but there is only one drive. Dell Optiplex 7010.)

Thanks.

:)

fatkatie, Dec 12, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to create a complete restore dvd. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 12, 2018
  3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 12, 2018
  4. How to create a complete restore dvd.

Create DVD of photos -- update

Hi,

Please write to us with the following details.

• Are you able to play/open DVD which you burn on other computer?

• Do you get any error when the DVD fails to play on a different computer?
    Ideally if you create a Data DVD using the steps given in the link below you can play it on all the devices. Follow the steps given under the section
    Burn a data CD or data DVD of the link given below.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

Write to us with the asked details so that we can assist you further.

PranavMishra5582, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

How to create a complete restore dvd.

1. How to create a complete restore dvd. - Similar Threads - create complete restore

2. How to create a recovery DVD for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a recovery DVD for Windows 10: Hi all, I don't have any free USB Flash drive at the moment. Is there a way to create a recovery DVD for Windows 10? Thank you, Seyed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-recovery-dvd-for-windows-10/82880ba6-cbd8-4776-b46f-dbf564f77660
  3. how create DVD disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how create DVD disk: where does windows 10 have the DVD Maker app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-create-dvd-disk/a2d1eba0-167d-4c62-8b2d-6ac6d29fd498
  4. how to create a new restore point

how to create a new restore point: how I create a new restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-restore-point/716ad816-eccd-4b15-8243-d6eab90a438c
  5. How Create a System Restore Disk

How Create a System Restore Disk: Hi, I have a brand new computer. How do I make a system restore disk? Thank you, Eileen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-create-a-system-restore-disk/349b769c-dba5-44ab-b219-cda007cb2ebc
  6. Creating a DVD Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating a DVD Menu: Is it possible to create a menu when burning a DVD with 3 video files onto it using the built-in Microsoft DVD burning tool? I want people to be able to click on the video they want to see. Thanks....
  7. DVD drivers completely gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drivers completely gone: For a while now I've had a problem with my DVD drives not showing up on my computer. After many MANY searches for a solution, it seems that the most common success is to delete ATA/ATAPI drivers and also delete all DVD/CD drivers in the device manager, then restart the...
  8. How to Create a Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Create a Restore Point?: Since I've made some progress recovering my system from the catastrophic Windows Update fix this morning, I decided to create a Restore Point. It wasn't obvious how to do this, so I searched the net. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-restore-point suggested to search...
  9. How to create UEFI Install DVD?

How to create UEFI Install DVD?: Hey, so I'm upgrading my mom's laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. Since my last upgrade I seem to have misplaced my USB Stick that has the UEFI Windows 10 install media on it. I do, however, have a few DVDs lying around that are large enough to make a Installation DVD. If I...
  10. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD: Hi my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option. The setup is to boot to the DVD drive first but it does not happen. I believe there is a technique for W7 but it seems...