Windows 10: How to create a desired PIN as a part of Windows Hello?

Discus and support How to create a desired PIN as a part of Windows Hello? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I would like to have 1234 as my login PIN for my PC and I have been facing this issue after the recent update of Windows 10. Please suggest me a way to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShravanVallaban, Jan 10, 2020.

1. How to create a desired PIN as a part of Windows Hello?

I would like to have 1234 as my login PIN for my PC and I have been facing this issue after the recent update of Windows 10. Please suggest me a way to set my PIN as 1234, Please do not respond with generic answers explaining the features of Local Group Policy Editor.

:)

ShravanVallaban, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 10, 2020
  3. B_Patel Win User
    Unable to create Windows Hello PIN

Hi,

I have just bought second hand Lenovo T470s Laptop, which reset to factory setting (I believe). Now, I am trying to setup the Hello PIN first time and getting the following error:

"we weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again, or skip this step and set up a pin later."

Any suggestion on how to solve this??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

B Patel

B_Patel, Jan 10, 2020
  4. How to create a desired PIN as a part of Windows Hello?

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

How to create a desired PIN as a part of Windows Hello?

1. How to create a desired PIN as a part of Windows Hello? - Similar Threads - create desired PIN

2. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create a hello pin: I am trying to create a hello pin for my Microsoft account which is prompted right after I enter the password, it says something went wrong, try again later, when I tap on skip for now option, it brings me back to the same login page and thus disallowing me to access my...
  3. Creating windows hello pin

Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  4. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  5. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows Hello Sign In PIN Not Creating

Windows Hello Sign In PIN Not Creating: Hello thereI am trying to create a PIN but once I finish creating the PIN, it says 'Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later'I tried doing it again and again for at least 5 times and it still doesn't...
  7. Issue creating a windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue creating a windows hello pin: After setting up my laptop for the first time, I then restarted it to get the updates. However then when j tried to sign back in I was directed to sign into my mircosoft account and then to create a windows hello pin. Every time I have done this it says there was an error and...
  8. Issue creating a windows hello pin

Issue creating a windows hello pin: After setting up my laptop for the first time, I then restarted it to get the updates. However then when j tried to sign back in I was directed to sign into my mircosoft account and then to create a windows hello pin. Every time I have done this it says there was an error and...
  9. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello: I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever. One time after restart I also succeeded to start Window Hello with a local account,...
  10. Unable to create Windows Hello PIN

Unable to create Windows Hello PIN: Hi, I have just bought second hand Lenovo T470s Laptop, which reset to factory setting (I believe). Now, I am trying to setup the Hello PIN first time and getting the following error: "we weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again, or skip this step and set up a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desired pin in