Windows 10: How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In Windows 11 as well as in recent versions of Windows 10, you can easily create a file or folder name starting with a dot (.). You now longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 16, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10

How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10 create-a-folder-name-starting-with-dot.png
    In Windows 11 as well as in recent versions of Windows 10, you can easily create a file or folder name starting with a dot (.). You now longer need to use the MKDIR command line! How to create a folder name starting with dot (.) in Windows To create a file or folder name […]

This article How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Dec 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2021
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 16, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - create folder name

2. Create a folder name "Installer" inside windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a folder name "Installer" inside windows folder: I'm trying to install and old version of iTunes and I need to create a folder named "Installer" inside the windows folder, but my problem is that as soon as I create the folder it dissapears. It's not a hidden folder, it just vanish every time. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. How to create folders in start pinned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create folders in start pinned?: Hi 11 Start experts,I have a problemhow to create folders?It's imposibble.Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-folders-in-start-pinned/0f191bce-e9ca-41d0-8278-8ff3a5054f65
  4. How to create folders in start pinned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create folders in start pinned?: Hi 11 Start experts,I have a problemhow to create folders?It's imposibble.Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-folders-in-start-pinned/0f191bce-e9ca-41d0-8278-8ff3a5054f65
  5. How to create a folder in Start Menu of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a folder in Start Menu of Windows 11: [IMG]This post will show you how to create a folder in Windows 11 Start Menu. To do this you can use the drag-and-drop method as described here in this post. How to create a folder in Start Menu of Windows 11 If you’re Windows 11 user and would like to create a folder in the...
  6. Searching folders that contain dots in the name

in Cortana
    Searching folders that contain dots in the name: I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. Each of these folders is being automatically added to the excluded list in search classic...
  7. How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you create a new folder, Windows 10 OS by default names it “New […] This article How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. "Windows 10 folders with dot before names have no names"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows 10 folders with dot before names have no names": I encountered this issue in several occasions. If I created a folder named Test.123, only Test was shown, 123 was hidden. I also had a sub-folder in my main drive mysteriously with no name. After the fix, it turns out the folder has a name beginning with a dot. The tip using...
  9. I created a user name as "Jeremy" in Windows 10 Pro, but it created a user folder named...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I created a user name as "Jeremy" in Windows 10 Pro, but it created a user folder named...: How do I change it? It is very annoying with the name not appearing correctly or not being given an option to change this. Microsoft do not tell me it is by design! This is not a great design. It used to work in the previous versions; so don't make it worse in new...
  10. Start folder name in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Start folder name in Windows 10 Home: Many times I hear about the "start folder". But when I looked for it in my new computer I cannot find it. Does it have a different name? 50464