Windows 10: How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot)

Discus and support How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to completely remove windows and install Linux for now. Is there a way to create a full backup image of windows? So that I can revert back. ( I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scaryAstronaut, Jan 5, 2021.

1. How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot)

I want to completely remove windows and install Linux for now. Is there a way to create a full backup image of windows? So that I can revert back. ( I don't want to void warranty incase something went wrong as some manufacturers just deny servicing)

submitted by /u/scaryAstronaut
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scaryAstronaut, Jan 5, 2021

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot) :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot) :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 5, 2021
  4. How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot)

Having trouble creating a backup image

I am trying to create an image backup in order to install a new hardrive. At first I was having an error code " Internal error" and a Microsoft tech gave me these instructions

I suggest that you try the method stated below and check if issue persist:

Method 1:

• Right click This PC, click on Manage
    • Then click on Services and Applications and go to Services:
    • Find Windows Backup and right Click and go to Properties
    • Then Set to 'Disabled'
    • Reboot.
    I completed the actions above and I no longer get the error message. However, I have a blank screen now in place of the previous error message. There aren't any actions on the screen that can be invoked at all. No options to complete a system image backup.
    Plese help me ASAP!

ShaneTherault, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot)

1. How to create a full/complete backup image of windows? (Like a snapshot) - Similar Threads - create full complete

2. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore from a full image backup.: My aunt left me 12 discs with her computers backup on it including one system repair disc. She recently passed away and left me with no knowledge of how to access the contents of the discs. All I know is it was made with windows 10 and I have windows 10 but other than that I...
  3. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore from a full image backup.: My aunt left me 12 discs with her computers backup on it including one system repair disc. She recently passed away and left me with no knowledge of how to access the contents of the discs. All I know is it was made with windows 10 and I have windows 10 but other than that I...
  4. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  6. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. How to create the shortcut for the Windows app like the image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create the shortcut for the Windows app like the image?: I do not want to use the "%windir%\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-the-shortcut-for-the-windows-app/fe90fa80-a1ac-46d5-a87a-60c565916e54
  8. How to create the shortcut for the Windows app like the image?

How to create the shortcut for the Windows app like the image?: I do not want to use the "%windir%\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-the-shortcut-for-the-windows-app/fe90fa80-a1ac-46d5-a87a-60c565916e54
  9. Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help "Creating a Full Backup Image": From the tutorial, I installed the Macrium Reflect (free edition), created and tested the rescue media. For part 3, I'm using new Scandisk brand 64gb USB 3.0. Should this be checked or "formatted" a certain way before I get started? 116475
  10. Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

in Windows 10 Support
    Help "Creating a Full Backup Image": From the tutorial, I installed the Macrium Reflect (free edition), created and tested the rescue media. For part 3, I'm using new Scandisk brand 64gb USB 3.0. Should this be checked or "formatted" a certain way before I get started? 116475