Windows 10: How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET

Discus and support How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Devices available. Windows 10 desktop LG Smart TV Wifi Adapter. With the wifi adapter plugged in and my desktop USB tethered to it i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BajungaDustin72, Aug 15, 2019.

1. How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET

Devices available.

Windows 10 desktop

LG Smart TV

Wifi Adapter.

With the wifi adapter plugged in and my desktop USB tethered to it i can create a hotspot on my desktop and then share my internet connection with other devices much like i could do if i just set my phone to hotspot and connected everything to it. When i do this i can stream local media from my PC to my TV and it doesnt use any internet.

The problem is i want to do this without a phone or an internet connection because the functionality i need doesnt require internet. Instead i want to create a local area network of just my PC and smart TV. But it wont allow me to create a hotspot without an internet connection even though i dont need internet to do what i want to do with the hotspot.

I read somewhere that i can

• netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=%ssid% key=%pass% keyUsage=persistent

and force the network into hotspot mode without a connection

this is going to be my goto method but i havent tested it yet (cause this isnt actually my issue its my brothers and im waiting on him to get home so i can help him test it.)

Does anyone else know of any easier ways to accomplish this? maybe a freeware program from github or something?

:)

BajungaDustin72, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Rob_860 Win User

Why does Windows 10 not recognise that I am connected to the internet?

Gave all of these a try. No change.

Rob_860, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Why does Windows 10 not recognise that I am connected to the internet?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the following steps and see if it fixes your problem:

Method 1: Restart the router.

Check if the issue is fixed when you turn off the Wireless router (or disconnect modem from the system if using wired connection) and restart the router again.

Method 2: Check for proxy server settings.

1. Press Windows key + R to open
    Run Command.
    Type "inetcpl.cpl" and press Enter.

2. In Internet Options Window, go to Connections tab.

3. Click on LAN Settings.

4. Do the following steps:

• Uncheck the box
      Use Proxy Server for your LAN.
    • Check the box
      Automatically Detect settings.
    Method 3: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and click
      enter.
    • Under Network and Internet section, click on
      Connect to the internet.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 15, 2019
  4. How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET

How to configure a wireless router and an ADSL router to provide an internet connection

I made a mistake when purchasing a faster wireless router and did not specify it should have an ADSL port. So to use it I have connected it's WAN port to a LAN port of the ADSL router.

There seem to be several ways of configuring these devices. Could someone suggest the "best" or "most beneficial" way please?

There are 2 PCs and one printer connecting wirelessly.

One of the PCs picks up a dynamic IP

The other PC has a static IP (192.168.0.200)

The printer has a static IP (192.168.0.210)

Wireless router

• Lan IP: 192.18.0.1
    • WAN IP: 10.0.0.248 (static)
    • WAN default gateway: 10.0.0.2

The ADSL router connects to the internet fine. I have turned off dynamic IP.

The PCs connect to the wireless router, the internet and each other ok.

The printer connects and works if set to use the ADSL router's default gateway (10.0.0.2) and a static IP (10.0.0.251). It connects but does not work if using the wireless router's default gateway (192.168.0.1) with a static IP (192.168.0.210)

I would like the printer to connect the wireless router and work...

I don't know why I selected DNS IPs. The primary is 062.024.134.005 on the PCs and wireless router. I get the impression this is a separate issue from the connections problem above.

Stephen_Ford, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET

1. How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET - Similar Threads - create LAN without

2. windows 10 lan internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 lan internet: Hello, I am Ali from Iran. I had a problem connecting the phone to the PC with a USB cable. I gave several solutions, one of those solutions was network reset When I reset the network, the lan internet did not connect to my pc. But when I enter the BIOS settings, the lan...
  3. windows 10 lan internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 lan internet: Hello, I am Ali from Iran. I had a problem connecting the phone to the PC with a USB cable. I gave several solutions, one of those solutions was network reset When I reset the network, the lan internet did not connect to my pc. But when I enter the BIOS settings, the lan...
  4. windows 10 lan internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to create virtual router windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to create virtual router windows 10: if you used virtual router windows 10 or hotspot software then you can let me know. as i read here: virtual router windows 10 There are 2 ways to create virtual hotspot. 1. through a third party software like connectify 2. through windows default virtual router...
  6. New router, no LAN

New router, no LAN: I updated from DSL (modem/router) to cable (modem/router). Both of my computers had read/write access to my shared folders with the DSL service. When the cable modem/router was installed, both of my computers can access the internet. Both computers can see that the other...
  7. Create LAN on Windows 10

Create LAN on Windows 10: I'm using windows since the 98 version and I have started sharing files and playing through Local Networks with Windows XP, from there it becomes more and more difficult to configure a LAN with each new version of Windows, it's like Microsoft is forcing away their users from...
  8. How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?: My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router. But the router doesn't list it. And I can't ping it. And it doesn't ping my machine at home ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200 which is our lan subnet alright. when he...
  9. No internet connection using a new router

No internet connection using a new router: Hello! I bought a new Netgear router since the old one was giving me some issues. I connected it up, did everything with my ssid and password & such, and tried to use it. I discovered that the wifi is working great but my desktop is connected to the router via ethernet and...
  10. Connection Troubles with LAN Router

Connection Troubles with LAN Router: This maybe a longer experiment. There are only 11 channels, try them till you find the best.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. configure lan windows 10 without router

2. windows 10 create lan without router