Windows 10: How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files?

Discus and support How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. More advanced users like myself are trying to inquire on how to create windows compressed .mun files.For example under C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MultiPotent, Aug 30, 2021.

1. How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files?

Hello. More advanced users like myself are trying to inquire on how to create windows compressed .mun files.For example under C: Windows/SystemResources you will see many mun filesWe are able to edit a .dll.mun file but we can not re-compress it to windows standards.Is there any documentation on how to perform a mun compression on windows? If not can you provide steps here?A quick side note: This is an advanced topic and we are not interesting in debating wether or not files like these should be edited or not. Please stay on topic if possible.Cheers and i appreciate any insight!

:)

MultiPotent, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Zorrogirl Win User

Create Compressed File Option Missing

Thanks for the reply, but the problem isn't the Send To, that is working fine. Compressed Folder appears under that menu. It is when you click on New and there is no option anymore for Create Compressed Folder. Sure, I could do the Send To and then
    rename the folder it automatically creates, but I'd prefer to have the old Create Compressed Folder option back where it's just like creating a regular folder where you choose the name up front then move files to it later. I hope that clarifies.

Zorrogirl, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Create Compressed File Option Missing

Hello ZORROGIRL,

To restore this option

Open the Run Command box pressing Windows+R keys and type %systemdrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo in the command box and click OK.

Now copy the Compressed (zipped) folder from this folder.

If you cannot find the file in this folder then you need to download the Compressed folder.zip file manually.

After obtaining the Compressed(zipped)folder , open the Run command box by pressing Windows+R keys and type theshell:sendto command in the command box and click OK.

Paste the previously copied Compressed (zipped) folder in this folder.

You can right click on any file and select the Send to menu and you will find the Compressed (zipped) folder option. Now you can create Compressed (zipped) folders.

Hope it helps, have a good day

ManuelCapiro, Aug 30, 2021
  4. RejZoR Win User

How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files?

Compress files??

It all depends on the contents. Back in the early days of DVD games, they had plenty of space compared to CD's. So they left stuff uncompressed on the DVD itself. Compressing such ISO image would result in very high compression ratio. But these days, even DVD discs are becoming small and game companies are already using data compression to fit more data on the same DVD. And since you cannot compress already compressed data, you're seeing more and more of the 99% compresion ratio moments.

Good examples of such scenarios is when you want to compres uncompressed WAV file and a MP3 file. WAV is not compressed and you can decrease its size significantly. You might gain few kilobytes when trying to compress already compressed MP3. The same is with images. You can compress BMP images rather well but when compressing JPG images, you won't really gain anything as its already compressed.

There are few very specialized algorithms that may gain some more compression out of already compressed data, but the gains are usually very small and usually not worth the extra compression time needed to perform the compression itself. Plus you can only use them to compress very specific data files.

RejZoR, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files?

1. How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files? - Similar Threads - create microsofts mun

2. Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Compressed File Option Missing from right click: When I right-click and go to New, I don't get the Create Compressed File Folder option anymore. It disappeared after installing a trial of WinZip. I uninstalled Winzip thinking it would return, but it didn't. I tried this command from the Command Prompt, assoc...
  3. Compressing Files

Compressing Files: Is it safe to compress all the folders in c drive? Please answer !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compressing-files/1d9bcd44-7272-4ed6-a598-3724a298ba3d
  4. Compressed file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressed file: I have a photo file that is compressed. I don't know how that happened, but how do I remove it from being compressed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compressed-file/834893b5-4de1-415a-8560-319b6f411950
  5. File Compression . . .

File Compression . . .: My computer, is a "Dell" laptop. Running, Windows 10 pro. I want to compress all my files. Like "Documents". WinZip was the first one, I found. But, WinZip, is not free. So, I typed in. Show me alternatives, to WinZip. I found, quite a few. But even, the alternatives. Have,...
  6. file compression

file compression: I have a 5.3mb pdf file that I need to compress to a 2.0mb. How do I do this? Thank you all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-compression/9213218a-4cba-414b-b613-048b16bd05d7
  7. Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder: I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program. Thanks....
  8. Compressed Files

Compressed Files: Hello, I was wondering if there was any way to automatically compress all files on my pc without having to go and manually compress all of them. Please and thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compressed-files/61cf235d-6333-4696-b2be-666b891dedbb
  9. Mun files and code signing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mun files and code signing: Do I need to code sign an edited wlanxx.dll.mun file that I customize d or do I need to copy the file in place of the original? John 138644
  10. Compressed zipped folder not created for folders with many files and at least three...

Compressed zipped folder not created for folders with many files and at least three...: When I attempt to send a folder that has many files and at least three sub-folder levels by right clicking the folder, hovering to 'Send to' and then clicking the 'compressed (zipped) folder', nothing happens. But when I perform the same procedure of sending a folder to...