Windows 10: How to create a new admin user account

Discus and support How to create a new admin user account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SweetTasha, May 8, 2021.

1. How to create a new admin user account

I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User.

:)

SweetTasha, May 8, 2021

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if you are using a Local account on the computer and if it’s the only account, it will be an admin account. To check if the account is an admin account, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. You will find all the user accounts on the computer and if you see Administrator beside your account, the account is an admin account.

If you want to change the name of the user account that you are using, you need to create a new user account on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    . Once you create a new user account, follow the steps from the section
    Copy files to the new user profile in the article
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    to move the data from the old account to the new account.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7. However, holds good for Windows 10.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2021
  4. How to create a new admin user account

Windows 10 Pro (1703): Unable to create new user accounts

Corrupt User Profiles are common in Windows, especially after the upgrade from Windows 8.1/7 to Windows 10, and various solutions for this problem could be applied, depending on the situation and error message you receive. Users say that user profile can
    become corrupted because a lot of things, so we don’t know exactly what causing this issue.

Follow these workaround to create a new user profile.

• Restart your computer, and login to the admin account again (it’s better to use this account, than account you just created)
    • Navigate to the corrupt user account (it’s on the disk you have Windows installed on (usually CHow to create a new admin user account :), under Users)
    • Open your corrupted user profile and copy content form it to your new user profile
    • Once everything is done, logout from your admin account, and log back in to the new account, and your settings should be transferred.
    Also, check if you enabling hidden admin account will resolve the issue. Follow the steps provided below.

• Restart your computer and boot into
      Safe Mode.
    • Open Command Prompt (by right-clicking on the Start Menu button, and choosing Command Prompt Admin)
    • Type in the following command and press Enter: net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should get “The command completed successfully” message. Reboot your computer.

You have activated the admin account, and it will be available to login on the next boot. So, when your computer starts, just login into the admin account and follow the steps below, to create a new user profile:

• Go to Settings, and then to Accounts
    • Go to Family and other users
    • Click on Add someone else to this computer
    • Follow the instructions and finish the creation of new users profile.

We hope this solution helped you to restore your user profile.

Haidae Tam, May 8, 2021
Thema:

How to create a new admin user account

1. How to create a new admin user account - Similar Threads - create admin user

2. Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions: I am trying to create an admin account for myself a work. I am currently using an old account from a previous employee as all other accounts are password protected. I nor my employers have the passwords for any of these accounts. The password protected accounts are admin...
  3. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  4. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  5. How do I make a normal user account/create an admin account without admin rights?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a normal user account/create an admin account without admin rights?: Hello! I would just like to ask the question, how do I create an admin account without admin rights? Keep in mind I do not have a USB to install other software on. If someone could help me with this, feel free to ask questions to help you answer the question. Thank you!...
  6. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  7. How do I create a new Admin account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create a new Admin account?: I cannot find the password for the Admin account, and when I try to add new software (virus protection, etc.) I am prompted for the password before being allowed to perform the addition or update. PLEASE HELP....
  8. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  9. AppLocker Preventing Admin Account From Creating New Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    AppLocker Preventing Admin Account From Creating New Users: Hello! I've got a problem. I've been tasked with creating a lightweight build of Windows 10 to run in kiosk mode here at work. I've got kiosk mode running well, where the only app the user has access to is Internet Explorer (using a custom shell). However now I'm going...
  10. How to create new Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create new Admin account: I am having a horrible problem with uninstalling a printer. Talked to MS and Canon with no remedy. Canon mentioned to create new admin account to create new registry. They feel something is deeply embedded and hanging up printer somehow. Pls advise on how to create new...