Windows 10: How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab

Discus and support How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.628 I would like to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab. I see that the "Contacts",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustRayInWisconsin, Feb 5, 2020.

1. How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab

Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.628

I would like to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab.

I see that the "Contacts", "Desktop", "Documents", "Downloads" folders, to name a few, have "Location" tabs.
    I THINK they are referred to as "Personal" folders ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

JustRayInWisconsin, Feb 5, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 5, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Location Tab in Explorer.exe

H Cameron,

The AppData never has a location Tab, the 3 folders contained within (Local, LocalLow and Roaming) do have location Tabs

To move the AppData folder:

Create a new AppData folder on your D Drive

Then use the Location tab on those 3 folders to move them into the new AppData folder on your D Drive

The old AppData folder will remain on C, but it will be empty

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2020
  4. How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab

1. How to create a new folder that contains a "Location" tab - Similar Threads - create folder contains

2. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  3. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  4. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a new folder: This might sound like a simple question but it just doesn't want to work for me in Win10. I click on the folder bar in the footer. I navigate to the folder I want to create another folder in. I click on the new folder bar in the top menu, and nothing happens. I'm not...
  6. How To Create New Folder ...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Create New Folder ...: ... and add it to This PC as per image : . [img] 169351
  7. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  8. How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?

How do you create a new folder containing multiple selected files?: ... it is a very simple question. How do I create a new folder from a selection? I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure it out on my own, but hey, here we are. Anyone?...
  9. how to create new folder

how to create new folder: How do I create a new folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-new-folder/c36069fc-d3ce-44d0-b222-87f09eeaeeec"
  10. change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container: If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to mount the container to sync the onedrive folder. 30219