Windows 10: How to create a new User Documents folder?

Discus and support How to create a new User Documents folder? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I'm not looking to restore anything, I'm just wanting a functioning documents folder right now.I accidently deleted my document folder from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CheyanneEwing, May 22, 2024.

1. How to create a new User Documents folder?

So I'm not looking to restore anything, I'm just wanting a functioning documents folder right now.I accidently deleted my document folder from my User's path and I thought if I placed a new folder and renamed it documents it would work out but I was wrong apparently because now I'm trying to play a game from Rockstar, its not letting me and I was reading on about something and it said there was wrong with the documents that could stopping me from playing GTA or RDR2I saw people saying you can make it a user folder by changing the location under properties but that tab doesn't exist for this fo

:)

CheyanneEwing, May 22, 2024

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 22, 2024
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 22, 2024
  4. How to create a new User Documents folder?

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, May 22, 2024
Thema:

How to create a new User Documents folder?

1. How to create a new User Documents folder? - Similar Threads - create User Documents

2. How to create a new User Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a new User Documents folder?: So I'm not looking to restore anything, I'm just wanting a functioning documents folder right now.I accidently deleted my document folder from my User's path and I thought if I placed a new folder and renamed it documents it would work out but I was wrong apparently because...
  3. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  4. Create a new documents or pictures folder

Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  5. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  6. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  7. How do i create a new Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i create a new Documents folder?: My Documents folder in my C: Disk has disappeared because it fused with my Onedrive a while ago. While removing my documents folder in my OneDrive it removed my Documents folder aswell. So here i am asking how do i create a new Documents folder and set it up?...
  8. How do i create a new Documents folder?

How do i create a new Documents folder?: My Documents folder in my C: Disk has disappeared because it fused with my Onedrive a while ago. While removing my documents folder in my OneDrive it removed my Documents folder aswell. So here i am asking how do i create a new Documents folder and set it up?...
  9. How do i create a new Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Issue with creating a New Folder in Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with creating a New Folder in Documents: I cannot create a new folder in the default Document folder. I keep on getting an Item Not Found window saying could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\Rodney. Verify the item's location and try again....