Windows 10: How to create a password reset disk from a system image?

Discus and support How to create a password reset disk from a system image? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How to create a password reset disk from a system image?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PAUL.R.G, Mar 12, 2020.

1. PAUL.R.G Win User

How to create a password reset disk from a system image?

:)

PAUL.R.G, Mar 12, 2020

2. create a password reset disk

Hi,

Creating a password reset disk requires you to sign in using a local account, and there shouldn't be an issue of doing it. However, we would like to know what do you mean by "nothing happens". We also suggest that you check this
    article to see if you're doing the same steps for creating a password reset
    disk.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Create Password Rest Disk

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Note

• A password reset disk can only be created for local user accounts. If your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password. For Microsoft accounts you can reset the password by following the steps below
      • Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select
        Security & privacy.
      • Select Change password.
      • Enter your current password, then the new password that you want to use, then enter the new password again.
      • Select Save.

Try the following steps to create a password reset disk for a local user account.

• Login to your computer using the local account you want to create a password reset disk for.
    • Insert a USB drive or SD card into the computer.
    • Type Create a password reset disk and select it
    • Click Next.
    • Select the location to create the password key disk and click Next.
    • Enter your account password and click Next.
    • Click Next, then click Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 12, 2020
  4. JGLTX Win User

I am trying to create a password reset disk and keep hitting a brick wall.

In Windows Support I am following the instructions in "Create a password reset disk for a local account in Windows 10." I get as far as step 3 and "Choose a password reset disk from the list of results." There is no list of results. I select Create a
    password reset disk" and I get nothing. The Forgotten password Wizard never appears.

I've tried it on my desktop and my laptop.

John

JGLTX, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. How to create a password reset disk from a system image? - Similar Threads - create password reset

2. create password reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create password reset disk: Hi,I wanted to get a password reset disk and i already plugged my key and everything works fine except when i open the forgotten password wizard it asks me for my password but the thing is since i'm on windows 11 i have a pin and facial recognition but i don't have a password...
  3. create password reset disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create password reset disk: Hi,I wanted to get a password reset disk and i already plugged my key and everything works fine except when i open the forgotten password wizard it asks me for my password but the thing is since i'm on windows 11 i have a pin and facial recognition but i don't have a password...
  4. How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk: Dear Microsoft,A few weeks before, when I logged into my laptop, the method which I use to log in which is the PIN code method had suddenly disappeared. I then tried logging in via my other log in methods but I forgot the password.I am now stuck with 90GB of data less, which...
  5. How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk: Dear Microsoft,A few weeks before, when I logged into my laptop, the method which I use to log in which is the PIN code method had suddenly disappeared. I then tried logging in via my other log in methods but I forgot the password.I am now stuck with 90GB of data less, which...
  6. create a password reset disk is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a password reset disk is not working: When I try to open create password reset disk . It show nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk-is-not-working/5af9bf9f-0d0c-4482-83b1-6c6fad21a781
  7. Using the image from create a system image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the image from create a system image.: I used the backup tool to "create a system image" I have it on a USB. How do I use it when I need it? I am envisioning a total failure of the system and having to start from boot up. But I would guess it can and will be a less catastrophic thing if I do get a failure. so how...
  8. Create a password reset disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a password reset disk.: Hello, I need help to create a Password reset disk. I have a USB Flash Drive. Would someone please give me the steps to do this? Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk/32e5bdf5-48bc-4529-a088-6539ddee73ed
  9. create a password reset disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    create a password reset disk: How do you create a password reset disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk/14c2a1e2-262c-4712-8e0a-c48c5a2aa811
  10. create password reset disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    create password reset disk: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-password-reset-disk/098afeed-b983-4819-b205-cc7dfd4cb75d"