Windows 10: How to create a photo album

Discus and support How to create a photo album in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clarissa Lenz, Feb 5, 2019.

1. How to create a photo album

Clarissa Lenz, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Albums are not being created automatically

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

The Photos app creates albums for you from groups of related photos. Not all of the related photos will be in each album. If you have several similar photos, it’ll select what looks like the best one. You can always edit the album if you prefer different
    photos.

Where, Screenshots, Saved Pictures and Camera Rolls are the albums which system will create automatically for you. You can follow the below mentioned steps to Create and Edit albums as per your requirement.

Create an album

• Open the Photos app, select Albums, select +, and then

• Select your photos, and then select Done (the check mark).

• Select Change cover, choose the photo you want at the top, and then select
      Done.

• Select the title text and type a new title.

• Select Save.

Edit album

• Open the album in the Photos app, select Edit (the pencil), and do any of the following:

• Select Add or remove photos, select the ones you want, and then select
        Done.

• Select Change cover, choose a new photo, and then select Done.

• Select the title and type a new title.

• Select Save.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 5, 2019
  4. How to create a photo album

How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

How to create a photo album

1. How to create a photo album - Similar Threads - create photo album

2. created new album in Photo but cant find it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created new album in Photo but cant find it: Hi, I was viewing pics on Windows 10 laptop and wanted to save the best ones, I used the "add to" option to create a new album, however now I cant find the the new album I created. Any help would would be great, Kind regards, Scott...
  3. Photos Album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Album: Why does it include general internet content along with my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/bea6450b-f9e3-41c5-bcff-b4257a67287f
  4. Photo's Album

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo's Album: My photo file keeps crashing and will not upload all my new photo's of my SD card. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/cc95e459-19e7-49f5-9708-c2ee4d168fef
  5. photo album

photo album: I spent 4 hours last night selecting photos for a photo book using the photos app on windows 10, now I want to upload the photos to a website so that I can create my photobook. There seems to be no way of doing this. What is the point in having a photo album if you can't...
  6. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  7. photo album

photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  8. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  9. how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

how to stop windows from creating photo albums?: Yesterday, I got a notification that windows has created a photo album for me. The thing is, I don't want windows doing that. At least on its own. If I want an album made, I'll make it. Is there a setting I can turn off?...
  10. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"