Windows 10: How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?

Discus and support How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How to create a shortcut directly into the Taskbar > 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar?' The closest I got was digging this up on an ancient... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/helloworldquestion, Jan 4, 2021.

1. How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?

How to create a shortcut directly into the Taskbar > 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar?' The closest I got was digging this up on an ancient forum: "explorer.exe shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}," but this only generated an ancient view of that same screen, but changing settings within it did not actually work.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/helloworldquestion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/helloworldquestion, Jan 4, 2021

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings? :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

Hi JM,

In pinning an app in taskbar and creating a desktop shortcut, follow the steps below.

A. How to pin apps to taskbar in Windows 10.

• Type Maps in Cortana Search.
    • Right-click on it and choose Pin to Taskbar.

How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings? 987714d5-eb03-4326-9024-8c5855974ac2.jpg

B. How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10.

• Right-click an open area on the Desktop.
    • Hover your mouse on New and click Shortcut.
    • Click Browse.
    • Click the program or file you want to create a shortcut.
    • Choose Open and hit Next. You have the option to change the name for the shortcut.
    • Click Finish button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click Next button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click the icon you want to use for the shortcut, and then click Finish.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Jan 4, 2021
  4. How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?

How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?

1. How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings? - Similar Threads - create shortcut directly

2. Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings: I am looking for a way to create a Keyboard Shortcut that switches my display setup for Windows 10 So essentially I am looking for a command/macro/shortcut/bat file that when it's run Screen A becomes the Primary Screen and Screen B becomes the Secondary screen, and an...
  3. Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts: I have always used the Taskbar Search as a launcher for apps AND Internet Shortcuts. While the Taskbar Search still works for apps, it no longer finds Internet Shortcuts that I have created and saved in my Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder. I am using a work...
  4. How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off: I want to create a shortcut in my taskbar that toggles button group on/off. In taskbar config there is an option to group always the buttons of similar windows or to do it just when the bar is full. I want to make a shortcut to toggle between that options. I've seen some...
  5. Shortcut to directly minimize current window to Taskbar?

Shortcut to directly minimize current window to Taskbar?: I am using Windows 10 and would like to find a keyboard shortcut that I can macro to my mouse to minimize the current window I am looking at. I have tried windows + down but if the window is already maximized, this does not seem to work (you have to press it twice). Also, if...
  6. How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?

How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PleasantSport [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9z9xi/how_to_create_a_desktop_shortcut_to_this_settings/
  7. How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar: Hi, I've used the following steps to create a shortcut to the windows display settings page however there is no option to right click -> pin to taskbar or to just drag the shortcut there (a red circle with a cross appears when I hover it over the taskbar) 1: Right clicked...
  8. How to create a shortcut to the "Advanced display settings" page

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to create a shortcut to the "Advanced display settings" page: I was able to find the URI for the regular display settings page and make a shortcut page but not for the advanced display settings. I'd like it for the advanced display since that's where you change your resolution and I do that often. Thanks 70718
  9. How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?: Hi I can create a WiFi Connection Shortcut from Network and Sharing Center on the desktop but cannot pin it to the Taskbar. Any ideas as to how can I do that? The Attached picture is what I am talking about. [img] 65236
  10. Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Taskbar Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 The taskbar is the long horizontal bar at the bottom of your desktop. You can customize to have taskbar buttons group together or not when you have multiple...