Windows 10: How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager?

Discus and support How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello MSAnswers, please could someone tell me how to: -Create a desktop shortcut that, when double clicked, will launch W10's Device Manager? -Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ms windows user, Nov 23, 2019.

1. How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager?

Hello MSAnswers, please could someone tell me how to:

-Create a desktop shortcut that, when double clicked, will launch W10's Device Manager?

-Do exactly the same as above, but do this when I press a function key, eg F1.

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it!

:)

ms windows user, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 23, 2019
  4. grecinos Win User

How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager?

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager?

1. How to create a shortcut key to launch Device Manager? - Similar Threads - create shortcut key

2. keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game

in Windows 10 Customization
    keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game: Keys have turned into shortcut keys after launching Max Payne 2001 game. But, it gets fixed after when I restart my computer. Does anyone know how to fix it? Also, my keys are not stuck....
  3. Task Manager shortcut keys are not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager shortcut keys are not working: My Task Manager shortcut (Left Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys worked for a while and it stopped working for some time. Now I have to use the (Right Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys for it to work. How do I change this back to its original default shortcut keys? 174872
  4. Device Manager shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager shortcut: hello*Smile How to add Device Manager to the right click of this pc and start menu? windows 10 v20H2 168118
  5. Creating shortcuts for the arrow keys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating shortcuts for the arrow keys.: Hello dear friends. small query here hope somebody has the answer to it . Actually i want to create a shortcut for the arrow keys present in the keyboard. with somewhat of googling i really found nothing . Is it even possible to to create a shortcut key for a key. like...
  6. How to create a shortcut or macro key to open picture folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a shortcut or macro key to open picture folder: I have a Logitech mouse that can program macro keys but I couldn't find a way to make it open the picture folder. I can open the regular folder. Anyone have an idea how to pin to the task bar or how create a shortcut on the keyboard or mouse to open picture folder? submitted...
  7. Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys: I have several apps on my desktop that I launch with shortcut keys. For instance, Ctrl-Shift-I launches Google so I can do an Internet search. I have been using these shortcut keys for years, as far back as Windows ME, and they have always been a great time saver. Ever...
  8. How do you create a shortcut for a specific device's settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a shortcut for a specific device's settings?: I have a tablet PC which I often plug into a hub on my desk to power a desktop setup. When I do this I usually disable the touchscreen to save power. I'd like to add a shortcut to the taskbar or desktop for the dialogue box for this device so I can disable and enable it...
  9. Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Devices and Printers (aka: Device Stage), gives you a quick view and access of all of your connected and wireless devices on your computer in one place. By viewing the contents of this folder, you...
  10. How to add shortcut for "Device Manager" on desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add shortcut for "Device Manager" on desktop?: You're most welcome. *Smile