Windows 10: How To Create A Shortcut to Quickly Enable/Disable The Microphone

Discus and support How To Create A Shortcut to Quickly Enable/Disable The Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On Windows 10 Home, Any idea's Please? Thanks 182958 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomsw10, Jul 24, 2021.

1. tomsw10 Win User

How To Create A Shortcut to Quickly Enable/Disable The Microphone

On Windows 10 Home, Any idea's Please? Thanks

:)

tomsw10, Jul 24, 2021
  2. tomsw10 Win User

Is muting the Microphone the same as Disabling it?
    I can mute it on my key board, but that only stops someone from hearing me, I can still hear them?

Just wondering for I want to make sure I can quickly Disable/Enable the Microphone?

tomsw10, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User

Hello, *Smile

You could see if creating enable and disable REG files from option 5 below may work for this. You could keep them on your desktop to use.

Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows

Brink, Jul 24, 2021
  4. sandyt Win User

What are you trying to accomplish?

If you want to hear nothing --- no game sound, no friend's voice chat --- then mute your own headphone volume.

If you want to mute your friend's microphone --- then go to your friend's house and mute his microphone.

sandyt, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

1. How To Create A Shortcut to Quickly Enable/Disable The Microphone - Similar Threads - Create Shortcut Quickly

2. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  3. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  4. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable creating new desktop shortcut: Hello If you(I believe) Ctrl + Windows key + D a new desktop will be created This feature while useless in my case also killed me quite a few times while playing Is there any way to disable this, again, in my case, worthless feature? submitted by /u/BorsukBartek [link]...
  5. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

How to disable creating new desktop shortcut: Hello If you(I believe) Ctrl + Windows key + D a new desktop will be created This feature while useless in my case also killed me quite a few times while playing Is there any way to disable this, again, in my case, worthless feature? submitted by /u/BorsukBartek [link]...
  6. How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?

How to disable & enable a Device with a shortcut/macro?: Long story short, I regularly (multiple times daily) have to disable and re-enable my wi-fi adapter from the Device Manager. Is there a way to create a batch file or macro to be able to click one icon/shortcut to run these 10 or so clicks automatically? The closest I...
  7. Creating alternative shortcuts for Explorer's Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating alternative shortcuts for Explorer's Quick Access: I've been using registry tweaks to get rid of a few things from the Explorer navigation panel, and replacing a few of them with Quick Access links instead. I used a trick that I read here on one of the tutorial comments, where creating a folder and renaming it using the...
  8. Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox Firefox includes a Find in This Page (Ctrl+F) feature that allows you to search for words and phrases on the page of a website you are viewing in Firefox. Firefox will show...
  9. Shortcut to enable/disable network (wired)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to enable/disable network (wired): Sorry if I missed it but it seems there is none posted under Shortcuts nor Internet & Network. I've tried searching for a solution but found no proper for Win10. There was at least one working in Win7 but it seems to have changed in Win10. I'm not looking for Wireless or...
  10. Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows How to Enable or Disable the Microphone in Windows When you are not using the microphone (mic) on your PC, you may want to disable it for privacy and security reasons, as it can get hacked and the hackers would be able to...