Windows 10: How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off

Discus and support How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to create a shortcut in my taskbar that toggles button group on/off. In taskbar config there is an option to group always the buttons of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-SeeS-, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/-SeeS- Win User

How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off

I want to create a shortcut in my taskbar that toggles button group on/off.

In taskbar config there is an option to group always the buttons of similar windows or to do it just when the bar is full. I want to make a shortcut to toggle between that options.

I've seen some areo code (?) that looks something like ms_taskbar_etcetc (no clue if something like that would be possible to do)

It would be nice too to have an option to not group the buttons without showing the labels, but I think that is not possible.

submitted by /u/-SeeS-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-SeeS-, Oct 25, 2020

2. Where is internet options in tools, ability to add toolbars and how to save or create shortcut ?

Hi Kenneth,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Where do you exactly want to view the internet options in tools? Is it in Internet Explorer/EDGE browser/any other source?

• Where exactly you need to add the toolbars? Is it in browser?
    If you need to create shortcut and access through desktop, follow the below steps.

• Open the Desktop, right click on empty area on desktop and click on
      New->Shortcut.

• Enter the url which you have copied from the Microsoft EDGE/Internet explorer in the
      Type the location of the item text box. (Open the EDGE browser/Internet explorer, copy the URL which you need to create the shortcut on desktop by pressing CTRL + C keys on the keyboard and paste it in the text box as suggested in the step
      2 by pasting the URL by pressing CTRL + V keys on the keyboard)

• Click on Next button and then click on
      Finish
      button.

• Now the shortcut will be created on desktop.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Shortcut options

Hi David,

To be able to get the advanced Properties for your desktop shortcut, you'll need to get the location of your browser.

You just need to copy the Target address found at the Shortcut tab that can be found on the screenshot Monica has provided you.

After that, you can follow these steps to create a desktop shortcut:

• Right-click on a blank space from the Desktop, click
      New
      , then select Shortcut.
    • Paste the address you've copied from the browser's properties, enter a single space, then type in the website you want to exactly open from the shortcut.
      ie. "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.cbc.ca/listen/live/radio1/vancouver
    • Click the Apply button, then OK.
    • Open the properties of the newly created desktop shortcut, then go to the Shortcut
      tab to follow the steps Monica has provided you.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 25, 2020
  4. How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off

Unable to create shortcuts in Windows 10

Hi Terry,

Provide us with additional information to assist you further:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to create a shortcut for any specific application?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try creating shortcuts in Safe mode with networking and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.

• Type msconfig
      and press Enter.

• In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.

• Select Start-up selection
      as Normal startup, click on Apply and
      Ok

• Follow onscreen instructions.

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off

1. How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off - Similar Threads - create shortcut toggle

2. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  3. (Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    (Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?: Hi, I would like to be able to quickly (1 or 2 clicks, or maybe a keyboard shortcut - hotkey) enable and disable the microphone in Windows 10 Pro. [img] Even better if I could do in on the Device Manager level, but how? 177384
  4. How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?: How to create a shortcut directly into the Taskbar > 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar?' The closest I got was digging this up on an ancient forum: "explorer.exe shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}," but this only generated an ancient view of that same...
  5. How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?: My old laptop Asus K53SD has a very interesting shortcut. When I press Fn + F7, it turns off the display but the computer keeps running i.e. it won't log out, lock, shut down or go to sleep mode. I can press any keyboard/mouse key or move the mouse around but the screen...
  6. Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off: Whenever i enter a cafe i turn on the WiFi by clicking the icon, afterwards i close it the same way. Is there a way to make a combination of keys to toggle it? 129601
  7. Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off: Whenever i enter a cafe i turn on the WiFi by clicking the icon, afterwards i close it the same way. Is there a way to make a combination of keys to toggle it? 129601
  8. Bluetooth toggle shortcut

Bluetooth toggle shortcut: Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to have a shortcut for turning the bluetooth on/off Keyboard shortcut would be ideal but anything else will do, a bat file or a small app. Thank you. 93069
  9. Bluetooth toggle shortcut?

Bluetooth toggle shortcut?: Is it possible to create a clickable shortcut to toggle Bluetooth on/off? I can never seem to remember the WinKey mantras and have to look them up every time. -- Bob 23176
  10. Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create an Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. Indexing Options allows you to make changes to...