Windows 10: how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

Discus and support how to create a standard account to administrative account ?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RiyaMor, Oct 18, 2020.

1. RiyaMor Win User

how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in changing this .I have use command prompt also but when I type " net user administrator /active :yes " there come that "system error 5" . I have tried in setting<account also but there is no option for "family and other users " plz help in solving my problem

:)

RiyaMor, Oct 18, 2020

2. Standard user account created shows Administrator on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you logging in using a Microsoft account on any of the created two user accounts?
    • Have you created 2 local account with administrative privileges on the computer?

Please be informed that Local user account as well as
    Microsoft user account
    can be considered as Standard user account. A
    Standard user account is the user account which do not have any administrative privileges.

It is possible to create two or more accounts with administrative privileges on computers running with Windows 10 operating system.

If you want to convert one of the user account as a standard account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel in the search box and select the top most search result.
    • Select User Accounts and click on Change account type
      from the window.
    • Click on the user account and select Change the Account type option.
    • Select Standard and click on Change account type
      button from the window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 18, 2020
  3. E-one Win User
    Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

Hi all!

Suppose I'm the only user of the computer. Suppose I have User Account Control activated. Is there or are there still reasons to create and use standard user account for everyday work? As far as I understand, with User Account Control active I have the permissions of a standard user even if I'm logged on as an administrator. If I use administrator account for everyday work does User Account Control give me EXACTLY the same level of protection from viruses and malware and from making accidental system-wide changes as standard user account with active UAC? I don't imply that UAC protects me from viruses and malware. I use proper antivirus software for that.

In other words, do I get the same level of protection when I use administrator account with UAC enabled and when I use standard account with UAC enabled? Is it true that UAC turns an administrator account into what is know as a protected administrator account, basically, an administrator account that runs with standard user account privileges? Or does standard user account with UAC enabled gives me yet higher level of protection over administrator account with UAC enabled?

E-one, Oct 18, 2020
  4. cjayed Win User

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. how to create a standard account to administrative account ?? - Similar Threads - create standard account

2. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  3. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  4. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  5. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  6. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  7. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  8. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  9. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...