Windows 10: How to create a system image with a SDD and HDD combo

Discus and support How to create a system image with a SDD and HDD combo in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! I'm one of those folks that has an SSD and HDD combo. I spent about 25 hours this weekend doing my first OS reinstall since I built it (2017). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Staticasaurus, May 4, 2020.

1. How to create a system image with a SDD and HDD combo

Hi! I'm one of those folks that has an SSD and HDD combo. I spent about 25 hours this weekend doing my first OS reinstall since I built it (2017). I would like to short cut this process by creating a system image to restore my system back to where it is now for the next time.

How should I go about doing this? Should I try to image both in the same image? Should I do 2 separate images? Or should I image the C: drive and then copy all the files from the F: drive into a zip file? Any help would be appreciated.

Windows is up to date (no updates available).

:)

Staticasaurus, May 4, 2020

2. How to create a system image with a SDD and HDD combo

Hi! I'm one of those folks that has an SSD and HDD combo. I spent about 25 hours this weekend doing my first OS reinstall since I built it (2017). I would like to short cut this process by creating a system image to restore my system back to where it is now for the next time.

How should I go about doing this? Should I try to image both in the same image? Should I do 2 separate images? Or should I image the C: drive and then copy all the files from the F: drive into a zip file? Any help would be appreciated.

Windows is up to date (no updates available).

Staticasaurus, May 4, 2020
  3. SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, May 4, 2020
  4. How to create a system image with a SDD and HDD combo

HDD to SDD OS transfer

I am trying to clone (or even image) my 1TB-HDD to a Kingston 120GB-SDD. Space is not issue as I'm only using 70GB on the HDD. My problem is sector size. My HDD sectors are 512 (not 512e) and the SDD sectors are 4096. I'm also unable to use my system image/backup
    because it is on a HDD with the same sector size (512). I've tried a number of cloning programs, including Macrium Reflect, with no success. Is there a way around this?

CharlesReeps, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How to create a system image with a SDD and HDD combo

1. How to create a system image with a SDD and HDD combo - Similar Threads - create system image

2. create system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create system image: just updated to win 8.1 difficulty in find how to do a system image for future recovery. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/97d4d168-ad0f-4b73-9126-deada0a14ede
  3. Create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create system image: I have heard roumors that the function "Create System Image" that is included in Windows 10 will be removed soon. Can anyone tell me when Microsoft intends to remove this function from Windows 10? Kind regards...
  4. Create System Image

Create System Image: Hi there I am trying to create a system image of my primary drive. This includes 3 partitions: EFI System Partition, System C: and a hidden recovery partition. The problem is that in drives selection page I don't see the recovery partition as you can see in the photo....
  5. Hdd to SDD upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hdd to SDD upgrade: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/minibeto666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgesqd/hdd_to_sdd_upgrade/
  6. Creating a system image

Creating a system image: Hi, I wanted to create a system image . I have some screen shots for the issue.Note that this has not been an issue before 2004 version. As you can see in the screen shots "Back up and Restore" includes D: in system but in the computer management it is not a...
  7. CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE

CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE: Trying to create a system image for my Windows 10 desktop to a usb 3.0 flash drive formatted for NTFS as required. Receiving an error message "the drive is not a valid backup location". Can anyone help?...
  8. Replacing HDD with a SDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing HDD with a SDD: I have an Inspiron 5477 AIO and want to replace its HDD with as large a SDD I can afford. The problem is I don't know how to hook up the SDD to affect the migration. Is there an additional SATA connection available to which I can connect the SDD? Then manual makes no mention...
  9. Replacing HDD with a SDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing HDD with a SDD: I have an Inspiron 5477 AIO and want to replace its HDD with as large a SDD I can afford. The problem is I don't know how to hook up the SDD to affect the migration. Is there an additional SATA connection available to which I can connect the SDD? Then manual makes no mention...
  10. HDD to SDD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD to SDD ?: I just finished installing my SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to move the partitions from my HDD to the SSD. Everything is working OK so far. [img] In Disk management Disk 0 has a 17.76GB partition. It's the OEM restore partition. As you can see it's not assigned a drive...