Windows 10: How to create a text file with all files on a drive along with dates created?

Discus and support How to create a text file with all files on a drive along with dates created? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What command would create a text file containing all of my directories and files on my c: drive, but also list the dates each one was created? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/majustyx, Nov 29, 2020.

1. How to create a text file with all files on a drive along with dates created?

What command would create a text file containing all of my directories and files on my c: drive, but also list the dates each one was created? I have done tree /f /a text document.txt which gave me all of the files but no dates.

submitted by /u/majustyx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/majustyx, Nov 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 29, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Nov 29, 2020
  4. How to create a text file with all files on a drive along with dates created?

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

How to create a text file with all files on a drive along with dates created?

1. How to create a text file with all files on a drive along with dates created? - Similar Threads - create text file

2. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  4. Created date on Copied file not that of source file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created date on Copied file not that of source file: I need to copy PDF files attached to emails I use Thunderbird to local directories which i review using File Explorer. When I copy a file to a directory, the date created of the copied file becomes the date it was copied. Is there a way to have the "created date" for the...
  5. File Explorer Create date attribute

File Explorer Create date attribute: When I change a file create date to any date before 1980, File Explorer does not show the date attribute and sorting by date does not work. I am using Bulk File Changer or Attribute Changer to change the attribute. I believe this is a bug....
  6. Windows Files - Create Date behavior

Windows Files - Create Date behavior: Hello Folks, I have a question regarding the way that Windows (Explorer) handles Dates in files. For example, when I save a file for the first time, it gets a Created date. However, when I copy that file and paste on the same drive (or separate drive - doesn't matter), the...
  7. How to compare text files to create a new file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to compare text files to create a new file?: One notepad file was installed on multiple computers. When each computer was used the notepad file was updated. Text was added, removed, or modified over time to each of the files. The files are very different now for the same file name. What software is available that could...
  8. Reboot.me file having date created as 1997

Reboot.me file having date created as 1997: One of a few questions re: a new HP x360 Spectre convertible laptop that I purchased Dec 8 from BestBuy, I've already reset the machine once and thus far have only tried to set up. Has OEM Win10 home and McAfee trial software preinstalled. I know there are old files...
  9. How I search a group of files by their created date?

How I search a group of files by their created date?: I cannot find search's option of "by created date", just only by "modified date". Could I search in advanced mode to choose exactly options by myself?...
  10. Include date in file created by batch file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Include date in file created by batch file.: How can I add to this batch command to include the date: xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /E /Y /C I'd like the resulting file to be named "Z:\Allbak171129" (yr mo day). The plan is to set up a task schedule to run the batch file every week. I want to keep several previous...