Windows 10: How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO?

Discus and support How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First of all - how difficult to get support from Microsoft these days - incredible that there is no real time support available, with a phone line that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanMcGinn, Aug 4, 2021.

1. How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO?

First of all - how difficult to get support from Microsoft these days - incredible that there is no real time support available, with a phone line that directs to the website that directs here.In any case - I've downloaded the Microsoft Windows 10 ISO, and tried about 10 times with different methodologies to create a bootable disk. I'm able to mount the ISO, but it never boots. I have a machine running linux and it always defaults back to linux when I choose the usb as a booting medium. I've formatted as FAT32, exFAT, I've formatted and mounted the USB disk on Linux and Mac both, sometimes

:)

RyanMcGinn, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 4, 2021
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Bootable USB to ISO

He's not trying to make a bootable USB. He wants to restore the ISO from the bootable USB (the reverse operation).

What software are you trying to restore? You can get the Windows 7 ISOs from Digital River: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

TRWOV, Aug 4, 2021
  4. How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO?

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO?

1. How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO? - Similar Threads - create truly bootable

2. How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?: I downloaded the iso file of windows 8.1 about 4.0 GB size.now i want to create from it a bootable usb. the problem is that the tool is not existing anymore in this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485it's the tool that should make the usb...
  3. How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?: I downloaded the iso file of windows 8.1 about 4.0 GB size.now i want to create from it a bootable usb. the problem is that the tool is not existing anymore in this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485it's the tool that should make the usb...
  4. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  5. How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?: Hey! I have a bootable USB with windows 10 in it. And I want to Convert that USB to ISO file. So that I can backup it for later use and can use that Pendrive for further use. Please Help!...
  6. Creating bootable unattended ISO..

Creating bootable unattended ISO..: Hi, Is there a proper way to create an unattended bootable ISO (the methods I have tried thus far do NOT work). I have the following ISO files. 1. Windows 10 1903 ISO directly downloaded from Microsoft. 2. Windows ADK for 1903. I only took the auto answer file part from...
  7. How to create Multi bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create Multi bootable USB: I want Win 7, Win 10, Macrium Rescue and one more in one USB. I tried program WinsetupfromUSB but could not run Macrium. Can someone tell how to proceed or is there any other program which could do it. I think, I selected wrong box while adding Macrium. Can someone tell...
  8. How to Create Bootable USB

How to Create Bootable USB: Hi, Just downloaded windows 10 Installation Media from Download Windows 10 . There are two options there Update and Download tool now. I first tried Update and was told that a newer version was available. This was downloaded successfully. That said, the reason I went on there...
  9. create bootable iso for 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    create bootable iso for 1803: hi joydeep sir what tool i will use to create bootable iso for 1803 as 1809 got totally due to some bugs or isolated reported issue by customers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-bootable-iso-for-1803/57e5925e-8d7a-4f8a-b056-360d3dc43a66
  10. How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?

How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?: Tried looking this up online, but couldn't find any specific information. I'm running on Windows 10 Home, and I have a Windows 10 ISO I want to put in a flash drive so it's bootable. How do I do this? 29400