Windows 10: How to create a USB that boots to a Custom menu

Discus and support How to create a USB that boots to a Custom menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Created a bootable USB with Rufus. Would like to make a custom menu. What should I do? 169357 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KCav45, Nov 28, 2020.

1. KCav45 Win User

How to create a USB that boots to a Custom menu

Created a bootable USB with Rufus. Would like to make a custom menu. What should I do?

:)

KCav45, Nov 28, 2020

2. creating a boot ghost usb

Hi Freddy,

Ghost is a disk cloning and backup tool. In Windows, we can easily create a bootable USB with your cloned system.

• First, prepare the WinPE which we will use to capture the customized image by following the steps on this

link
    • Boot into WinPE to capture the computer image you have customized. To do it, check out this

link
    • Then, convert WIM file into ISO.
    • Lastly, create the Bootable USB with your customized image.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jhessica Sur, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Megahertz Win User

No boot from USB

As Kyhi mentioned, If you're booting from a USB drive, it doesn't matter what you have on your laptop drive.
    How are you pointing to boot from the USB drive, by BIOS priority or by boot menu during POST?
    Follow these steps to open the Startup menu when the computer is powered off.

1. Turn on the computer.
    2. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.
    3. Select the EFI USB drive

PS.: You can only boot as UEFI if the OS is 64 bits. Is your Linux on the USB drive 64 bits version?
    Is the USB drive formatted as Fat32?

Megahertz, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How to create a USB that boots to a Custom menu - Similar Threads - create USB boots

2. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  3. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  4. Create custom Windows 10 bootable USB image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create custom Windows 10 bootable USB image: Hi,I have been trying to create a custom Windows 10 bootable image USB stick.I have downloaded Windows 10 20H2 and I have our own personalised image file as a ".wim" file. This has our own settings and software installed. It is 13.2Gb in size.Please could you advise on the...
  5. Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB

Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB: Kari wrote - "Capturing install.wim from an existing installation only works on computers / virtual machines where all system elements and user accounts are located on Windows system partition C:" - is there a comprehensive list of the 'system elements' of Windows10. Normally...
  6. How can the Start Menu be customized?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can the Start Menu be customized?: I was able to determine the three folders that contain the Start Menu items here: Windows 10: why can't I customize the Start Menu . I was then able to add "Microsoft Office" to the Start Menu, but only if I put it in ...\users\username. Trying to create the Microsoft...
  7. How to make a bootable flash drive that boots to a custom menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a bootable flash drive that boots to a custom menu: I have a Kingston Data Traveler 3.0 USB flash drive that I would like to make bootable. I would like to be able to insert it in a USB port on computers running Windows 10 and boot to a menu on the flash drive that I can customize. Can someone help me do this? 167298
  8. How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I create custom categories in the start menu? w10: With the amount of software installed on a modern work PC you need the possibility of creating custom categories in your start menu, something which was removed in windows 10. Is there a built in way of doing this or is the only option to install a skin or start menu...
  9. How to create custom video projects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create custom video projects: How can I create custom video on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-custom-video-projects/98fe164e-42d8-462f-a2b5-8abd5dccc87c
  10. Creating USB Boot media Help.

Creating USB Boot media Help.: Hi guys, I've been trying to create USB boot device for W10 but the program closes without warning a little while after it reaches the analysis stage (after 100% download) I've tried 3 times now and can't figure out why its not working. 10188