Windows 10: How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

Discus and support How To Create A VPN Server Certificate? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Be4stElectrjc, Jun 28, 2016.

1. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it.

I have this error 0x800B0109:

"A Certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider"

:)

Be4stElectrjc, Jun 28, 2016
  2. petrib Win User

9500 with VPN

The only VPN (Virtual Private Network) client for the 9500 is Nokia's Mobile VPN.

It works with different VPN gateways (Nokia/FW-1/Cisco), but the problem with the app is that for in order to configure it (to create a, so called, VPN policy for the client), you need a Nokia Security Service Manager server.

The only way I know how to get such a server is by buying a Nokia VPN server solution.

This little detail makes the Nokia VPN client sw a bit hard to put in use, I'm afraid.

Nokia Mobile VPN info on the web:

http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,0,77172,0.html

petrib, Jun 28, 2016
  3. 9500 with VPN

Has any body managed to creat a vpn connection with either server or pc?

If so how can it be set up in order to allow my reps access the the mail on our server

markhorner, Jun 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

I only know how to do it with my router which is my VPN server. There is a link on the router setup page for VPN that provides the certificate. Without knowing what you are using for a VPN server it is hard for anyone to answer your question.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2016
  5. VPN Server= Windows 10(built-in)

VPN Client= Windows 10(built-in)

VPN Protocol= SSTP

If you need another info i'm here.

Don't think to a divine setup, i want to try a couple of things.

The VPN Server is mine, so i can apply changes when i want.

StartSSL certificates don't work.

Be4stElectrjc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

1. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate? - Similar Threads - Create VPN Server

2. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  3. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  4. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. vpn server

vpn server: Hi I would like to know how many vpn clients a vpn server on window 10 workstation accept ? I need probably less than 5 connection. I using for the moment a window 7 and only 1 client allowed . thank you. db...
  6. How To Set Up My Own VPN Server with Certificate Authentication? Win10

How To Set Up My Own VPN Server with Certificate Authentication? Win10: I want to be able to remote into my home computer but don't want to shell out the $$$ for a VPN service. So I want to set up my own VPN server using the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. I want certificate-based authentication so it's not just a password securing it from the...
  7. VPN server

VPN server: when my VPN is on everybody thinks my internet is not on I can only use it in the USA any idea why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-server/7f223712-d26e-4787-94e9-473fb08d8c60
  8. Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates: Hi, We have an Always On VPN configured that was working great, as soon as you login it would auto connect almost instantly. Since configuring Skype for Business via Office 365 it now always prompts saying "action needed" and we have to pick the correct certificate before...
  9. Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service: Hello Not sure if this is the right 'forum' to post this but MS does have it's own well built in VPN GUI now so? The main question is what would the community recommend or say is the best application/program/software for creating Digital key pairs for encrypting a...
  10. Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creating Personal Certification Authority CA for VPN service: Hello Not sure if this is the right 'forum' to post this but MS does have it's own well built in VPN GUI now so? The main question is what would the community recommend or say is the best application/program/software for creating Digital key pairs for encrypting a...