Windows 10: How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc

Discus and support How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After recently upgrading to V1803, I decided it would be advisable to create System Repair and Recovery discs. Had no problem creating a CD for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Donald Eager, Nov 24, 2018.

1. How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc

After recently upgrading to V1803, I decided it would be advisable to create System Repair and Recovery discs. Had no problem creating a CD for the System Repair. Creating the Recovery disc was another story. I entered "recovery drive" in the search box and got the creation dialog. I followed this but eventually got "We can't create the recovery drive." Following some advice I found, I determined that this problem was NOT caused by the recovery environment being disabled. Mine IS enabled. After reading several more articles on this, I decided to start by creating an ISO on a USB thumb drive. This seemed to work. Ended up with these items on the USB:

boot folder

efi folder

sources folder

support folder

autorun

bootmgr

bootmgr.efi

setup.

This consumed about 4GB on a 32GB drive. Not sure if this is what was supposed to have happened.

After more reading, I couldn't figure out if what I created was a "recovery drive" or not. The articles were very confusing as to this and I couldn't determine if some additional step(s) was/were required to get to a bootable recovery drive. I saw something about a "Microsoft .iso to USB/DVD tool" to create a bootable USB. I searched for this and was directed to a page concerning it. However, this article doesn't discuss a recovery drive specifically. It appears to address downloading from the Microsoft Store and initial installation of Windows.

Please help with some easy to understand advice on this.

:)

Donald Eager, Nov 24, 2018

2. Create Windows recovery DVD 'please wait'

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• How are you trying to create recovery disc?

• Do you get any error message?
    In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below;

1. Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.

2. Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps

For more information refer the below article.

Create a recovery drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 24, 2018
  3. MarkPM Win User
    Windows 10 unable to create recovery disc

HI

I am trying to create a recovery disc (dvd or USB) of my newly updated windows 10.

I have also tried to create a system repair disc of the same windows 10 machine.

Both attempts do not work.

I upgraded from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro.

If I choose to create a recovery disc by going:L

Search > recovery > system settings > Recovery

there are only two options

Reset PC and Advanced start up

there is no option to create a recovery disc or partition.

If i choose to create a system repair disc (windows bootable DVD):

Use search > control panel > file history > system image backup > create a system repair disc

the error i receive is:

" The files needed to create a system repair disc were not found on this computer.

You can still create a system repair disc if you have a Windows installation disc."

Please advise on how I can create a recovery disc as well as a system repair disc.

Thank you

MarkPM, Nov 24, 2018
  4. How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc

Cannot create recovery media for Win 10

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

• What happens when you try to create recovery media? Do you get any error message?
    • What all options have you tried to create recovery media?

Refer the suggestions by Andre da Costa in the thread below and check if that helps.

Windows 10 Recovery Disc

Windows 10 Recovery Disc

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc

1. How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc - Similar Threads - create 1803 Recovery

2. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  3. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  4. Recovery disc for windows 10

Recovery disc for windows 10: I want to create recovery disc for my desktop windows 10 There are 3 options : 1 Create Recovery disc 2 Create System Repair 3 Create System Image Which one should I create ? What are the differences between the 3 and the function of each such as computer cannot reboot,...
  5. Recovery Discs

Recovery Discs: can i use windows 8 recovery discs in windows 10 to go back to windows 8 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-discs/3cc8b779-e374-43ca-9209-9b17553cb516
  6. windows 10 1809 recovery disc

windows 10 1809 recovery disc: I created the windows 10 recovery disc. how do I activate it to start a system image restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-recovery-disc/ad2ba070-16e0-46fe-ac72-3de67c07b9ec
  7. If I create a password recovery disc on Vista, will it work on 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I create a password recovery disc on Vista, will it work on 10?: I asked this, but revised it. I need to find this out if it will infact work, so I can be happy and stop bugging people....
  8. windows 10 recovery disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows 10 recovery disc: Hi All, I have a windows 10 disc created from Windows 10 installation media tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...oad/windows10) my question is can i use that ISO to recover another persons PC? or is there compatibility issues based from my PC? TIA 99552
  9. Create Recovery Discs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Create Recovery Discs: I am wondering how to create my own recovery discs because my OEM (ASUS) does not provide any. I need one that includes all my drivers and software provided with my computer as well as none of the existing software installed. Thanks in advance. 45144
  10. How to create reinstall disc for windows 10

How to create reinstall disc for windows 10: I updated a Lenovo Laptop from it's original Windows 8 (not 8.1) to Windows 10. The Laptop is working fine with all the updates and added apps install. Now, how do I create a reinstall, recovery or image disc in order to restore the OS prior to the time just before creating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create windows 10 recovery disc

2. create 1803 recovery media

3. windows 1803 repair disc

4. recovery creator windows 10 1803,
  5. Will a win 10 1803 repair disc start a win 1809 version?