Windows 10: How to create a Windows 10 boot USB using XP?

Discus and support How to create a Windows 10 boot USB using XP? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 laptop is unable to load windows (due to an automatic update) and is in a failing continuous loop trying to repair. None of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DJZanker, Dec 29, 2018.

1. DJZanker Win User

How to create a Windows 10 boot USB using XP?

Hi,

My Windows 10 laptop is unable to load windows (due to an automatic update) and is in a failing continuous loop trying to repair. None of the recovery/ repair options are working. I have read that I may be able to repair windows (or at least enter it) using a boot CD/USB. I only have an old XP machine at my disposal. Microsoft has decided that their new boot disc is over that of a standard DVD, so I only have a USB option, and have managed to download to ISO file. The install.wim file is also over 4gb and so getting the file onto a FAT32 USB is also difficult. I have tried several programs (using my XP machine) to make a bootable USB but they all seem to fail (presumably because of the 4gb issue). Microsoft has a MediaCreationTool (1809) to do all of this for me but it doesn't seem to work on the XP system ('not a valid win32 application').

Does anybody know how to get around these issues or have a version that works on XP? I am able to copy the files from the ISO file but aren't sure how to them make the USB 'bootable' via a manual way.

Cheers, Damien.

:)

DJZanker, Dec 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 29, 2018
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

USB install XP onto old laptop

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994

Download the boot disk setup, create all 6 boot disks. Insert XP CD, and run off the boot disk, and follow the on screen steps. Then the boot disk will access the XP CD to finish up the install.

I dont think there is a way to install XP via usb if your computer does not support usb booting in the first place.

Thema:

1. How to create a Windows 10 boot USB using XP? - Similar Threads - create boot USB

2. creating a boot for XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating a boot for XP: Having replaced a motherboard XP installation CD will not boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-boot-for-xp/779d1041-b3e6-47f2-be39-ef0ed144f582
  3. creating a boot for XP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating a boot for XP: Having replaced a motherboard XP installation CD will not boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-boot-for-xp/779d1041-b3e6-47f2-be39-ef0ed144f582
  4. Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP: I have a Toshiba satellite that originally came with XP. I updated it to windows 10 using usb, however it wasn’t functioning correctly so I found a XP iso online and started to install that back onto the laptop using USB. It is halfway through an install and it tells me there...
  5. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10: I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Now I get a popup like this [ATTACH] I closed this I could not understand from it what to do. I...
  6. Create a boot USB using a mac

Create a boot USB using a mac: Hello, I've just built a new machine and I need to install Windows on it. I am trying to create a boot USB but only have a mac to create it, is this possible? A lot of the tutorials seem to be to create a boot usb to install windows ON the mac. That isn't what I want to do....
  7. creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot

creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot: after having serveral problems, i went from win 7 to the free win10 upgrade when offered. i woud like to create a restore disk/flash/usb drive, but not sure how to do it. also, you SHOUD NOT let companies sell m.1 or 2 drive with less than 64gb. i had to go online to...
  8. How to use USB Device in XP VM running on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to use USB Device in XP VM running on Windows 10: Hi, I have a Hyper-V VM running windows XP inside a Windows 10 host. The VM works fine and can access the local network and also the Internet via an External Virtual Switch - So far, so good. My problem is that I need to connect a Sony Clie PDA to the VM. This device...
  9. creating bootable xp usb

creating bootable xp usb: Hi guys, I wanted to create a bootable xp usb stick that I could keep on me because I work with a couple of, lets say careless, people who are constantly getting their computer into mischief. So I've got an Ubuntu install stick but I know my way around windows more so I've...
  10. create a USB pen to boot into windows 10

create a USB pen to boot into windows 10: I understand there is an option to create a bootable USB pen to run windows 10 from, not talking about installing or repairing, but actually run windows 10 from a USB pen......can't remember what it's called, got a 16GB pen ready thanks 19501

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create a bootable win10 usb on xp

2. creat a windows 10 usb boot for xp free

3. usb media creation tool win xp