Windows 10: How to create a windows account and link it to my windows 10 license?

Discus and support How to create a windows account and link it to my windows 10 license? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my laptops SSD and was worried that I would lose my windows license. Someone told me today that If I have a Windows account I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alejandroah, Jan 27, 2021.

1. How to create a windows account and link it to my windows 10 license?

I want to upgrade my laptops SSD and was worried that I would lose my windows license. Someone told me today that If I have a Windows account I can "sync" it to my license and I will be able to keep it on the new SSD i stead of buying a brand new one from microsoft.

HOw do I check if I already have one but don't remember? Am I supposed to create it from my computer settings? Do I do it over the internet on windows website?

Best regards!

submitted by /u/Alejandroah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alejandroah, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Need to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change? Here's how. , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How to create a windows account and link it to my windows 10 license? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to create a windows account and link it to my windows 10 license?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

How to create a windows account and link it to my windows 10 license?

1. How to create a windows account and link it to my windows 10 license? - Similar Threads - create account link

2. How to find out the linked account for a licensed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to find out the linked account for a licensed Windows 10: Dear all,I have a Windows activation key and its ID, I have used it to activate Windows 10 Pro on an old PC. I don't have access to it anymore and I haven't remove the activated key. I can't remember if it was linked to a Microsoft account, so I can not use the key on my new...
  3. How to find out the linked account for a licensed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out the linked account for a licensed Windows 10: Dear all,I have a Windows activation key and its ID, I have used it to activate Windows 10 Pro on an old PC. I don't have access to it anymore and I haven't remove the activated key. I can't remember if it was linked to a Microsoft account, so I can not use the key on my new...
  4. How to find out the linked account for a licensed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is windows 10 license key linked to my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 10 license key linked to my account?: I'm planning on building a new PC because the current laptop I'm using is on it's last legs. For some context, I purchased my current daily drive laptop for cheap on ebay a couple years ago but it came with a retail windows 10 pro key. I've confirmed this by entering through...
  6. Is windows 10 license key linked to my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 10 license key linked to my account?: I'm planning on building a new PC because the current laptop I'm using is on it's last legs. For some context, I purchased my current daily drive laptop for cheap on ebay a couple years ago but it came with a retail windows 10 pro key. I've confirmed this by entering through...
  7. Is windows 10 license key linked to my account?

8. How to see all Windows licenses linked to my account

How to see all Windows licenses linked to my account: Hello, I have the problem, that I know, that I have at least 5 Windows licenses linked to my account, or they were at least. Some were purchased from a third party seller and haven't been used for a long time. I want to see what licenses are linked to my account, since I...
  9. Windows License linked to my Microsoft account

Windows License linked to my Microsoft account: Hello. Im in the process of rebuilding a new PC. Only 1 thing was gonna be brought forward and it was my 1 TB seagate drive and well .. my dog chewed and slobbered on it for 8 hours while i was at work and its literally unusable i lost everything. Im a novice in this world...
  10. How to Linking Windows license with MS account

How to Linking Windows license with MS account: I'm about to replace the motherboard in a PC and have read that I can easily reactivate the associated Windows license with my Microsoft account. I've gone for many years without this linkage - using local accounts on OEM installations, doing automatic upgrades to Win 10,...