Windows 10: How to create a WSL package?

Discus and support How to create a WSL package? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I was reading the "readme" at https://github.com/microsoft/WSL-DistroLauncher And it said to "reach out" for help with creating a WSL distro. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by harperjohn27, Oct 2, 2019.

1. How to create a WSL package?

Hi,

I was reading the "readme" at https://github.com/microsoft/WSL-DistroLauncher

And it said to "reach out" for help with creating a WSL distro.

I joined (paid) the developer program. I have searched a bit, and I can't find WSL support.

Please help.

Thanks!!!

Peace
    - John

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

harperjohn27, Oct 2, 2019

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Recovering Debian WSL after restting PC

Hi stéphane70,

Thank you for sharing a few details about yout concern. To get your Debian WSL
    installed on your Windows 10, I recommend the steps suggested on this article. You might also want to check the
    distros available after the installation for your reference. If you still get the same error
    message, I advise that you perform a clean boot first and seek if the issue still re-occurs. There might
    be a program that is preventing your WSL to be installed. However, if you still get the same issue, then the next steps is
    creating a new user profile and naming it as
    test. By doing so, we'd be able to eliminate the possibility of a certain setting hindering the installation.

I'll be waiting for the results and your response to assist you for there.

ErwinJames San, Oct 2, 2019
  4. RogerDV Win User

How to create a WSL package?

How to configure WSL Ubuntu (or any WSL distro) to use a NAT virtual network

I've installed WSL Ubuntu on my Windows 10 laptop and it is running fine.

However, it is not able to access anything on the Internet at port 80 and so forth. I cannot use apt package installer to install any software at all.

My host laptop Windows environment has no problem, of course, with Internet access.

Info I've gleaned is that WSL is being blocked by a firewall. Am using Kaspersky as mandated by internal corporate policy. I've added an exception rule for WSL but that has no positive effect on the problem. Additional info I've gleaned is that others have
    had same experience - unfortunately this doesn't allow programs running in WSL virtualization any access out to the public Internet.

The latest info I could find is that WSL just flat out won't work with several prominent Windows firewall apps unless they are disabled of even uninstalled (not a possible option for me).

So I followed these instructions and created a NAT virtual network:
    Set up a NAT network

Got that created with no problem and it shows up as eth3 interface on my laptop.

Remaining instructions at the above link talk about how to get Docker for Windows and other Hyper-V VMs to use this NAT. However, I can't find anything that instructs how to setup WSL to do so. WSL evidently can't be managed in same manner as other Hyper-V
    VMs.

Presumably the iptables or ip command to setup routing could be used to do this in the Ubuntu Linux environment, but that is where am appealing for help from anyone that knows how to do this in respect to WSL.

RogerDV, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

How to create a WSL package?

1. How to create a WSL package? - Similar Threads - create WSL package

2. How to create provision package PPKG programatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create provision package PPKG programatically?: Hi there, I'm looking to automate the creation of PPKG files using any programming language. I haven't been able to find any detailed instructions or examples on how to do this, and I'd prefer not to use the WCD tool.If you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful.Thanks!...
  3. How to create provision package PPKG programatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create provision package PPKG programatically?: Hi there, I'm looking to automate the creation of PPKG files using any programming language. I haven't been able to find any detailed instructions or examples on how to do this, and I'd prefer not to use the WCD tool.If you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful.Thanks!...
  4. The packaged version of WSL is not supported by windows-version 10.0.19045.2130

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The packaged version of WSL is not supported by windows-version 10.0.19045.2130: Hello,I have activated the windows feature WSL and restarted my PC as well.When I run the wsl command from the powershell, I receive the following message "The packaged version of WSL is not supported by windows-version 10.0.19045.2130". This is weird since I have the...
  5. The packaged version of WSL is not supported by windows-version 10.0.19045.2130

The packaged version of WSL is not supported by windows-version 10.0.19045.2130: Hello,I have activated the windows feature WSL and restarted my PC as well.When I run the wsl command from the powershell, I receive the following message "The packaged version of WSL is not supported by windows-version 10.0.19045.2130". This is weird since I have the...
  6. The packaged version of WSL is not supported by windows-version 10.0.19045.2130

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  8. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  9. How to install a .deb or rpm package in wsl

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install a .deb or rpm package in wsl: The question's simple i want to install a linux package on windows 10 using wsl with a full fledged gui environment how can I do this,and is there better way than x server ????...
  10. Update and Upgrade WSL Distro Packages in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Update and Upgrade WSL Distro Packages in Windows 10: How to: Update and Upgrade WSL Distro Packages in Windows 10 How to Update and Upgrade Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro Packages in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line...