Windows 10: How to create an autonumbering formula based on three columns

Discus and support How to create an autonumbering formula based on three columns in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm trying to create a formula that will automatically generate a numeric code for each combination of columns. The first column is populated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jo Loh, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Jo Loh Win User

How to create an autonumbering formula based on three columns

Hi All, I'm trying to create a formula that will automatically generate a numeric code for each combination of columns. The first column is populated by a dropdown list, so that's an easy if-then formula make in the attached image. The hard part is assigning column B a value that restarts when there is a new "make", and yet assigns the same value if that make is already entered. And then tougher yet is to assign a colour code that also restarts when there is a new model.So, in the image provided, in column A, users pick their make. Honda will auto populate "1." into column D. Then the user e

:)

Jo Loh, Apr 23, 2024

2. I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER" IN A SECOND COLUMN.

I SIMPLY WANT TO TRANSFER A FORMULA IN A LIST (COLUMN) TO ANOTHER COLUMN - BUT THE NEW COLUMN - WILL REFLECT THE RESULT OF THE FORMULA. IE
    =+DATA!GA TRANSFER TO 132 (OR WHATEVER).

SIMPLY COPYING A LIST OF FORMULAS TO A LIST OF "ANSWERS".

THANK YOU!

HAMPTONBRAUN, Apr 23, 2024
  3. I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER" IN A SECOND COLUMN.

I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER"IN A SECOND COLUMN.

HAMPTONBRAUN, Apr 23, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER" IN A SECOND COLUMN.

Hi Hampton

We need a bit more detail to be able to help you

What formula are your trying to copy and what is the expected output of that formula in the second column . . .

If possible, please provide a screenshot of your data so we may understand the problem in more detail . .

DaveM121, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

1. How to create an autonumbering formula based on three columns - Similar Threads - create autonumbering formula

2. How to create an autonumbering formula based on three columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create an autonumbering formula based on three columns: Hi All, I'm trying to create a formula that will automatically generate a numeric code for each combination of columns. The first column is populated by a dropdown list, so that's an easy if-then formula make in the attached image. The hard part is assigning column B a value...
  3. Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three: A while ago the shortcut Winkey+left/right arrow stopped dividing my desktop into two columns, and now when I press Winkey+left arrow key it divides the screen into three columns. How do I set the winkey+arrow key to be a 50/50 layout rather than a three-column one?...
  4. Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three: A while ago the shortcut Winkey+left/right arrow stopped dividing my desktop into two columns, and now when I press Winkey+left arrow key it divides the screen into three columns. How do I set the winkey+arrow key to be a 50/50 layout rather than a three-column one?...
  5. how to show date created column in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to show date created column in windows 10: how do you show date created column in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-date-created-column-in-windows-10/1cb747c5-be51-4640-a9c0-1d2a14820400
  6. how to show date created column in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to show date created column in windows 10: how do you show date created column in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-date-created-column-in-windows-10/1cb747c5-be51-4640-a9c0-1d2a14820400
  7. Three Columns in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Three Columns in Windows File Explorer: I can not figure out how I have a new Column in File Explorer. I just started getting it yesterday. Was this part of a Update or did I somehow accidently make the third Column appear? Is there a way to remove and replace the third Column at will? [IMG]...
  8. Formulas

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formulas: is there a way to use LOOKUP or any other formula to add values from a large number of different sheets in the same file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formulas/764e8940-6ae1-4aed-a8d0-dc28d60c4372
  9. I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER" IN A SECOND COLUMN.

I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER" IN A SECOND COLUMN.: I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER"IN A SECOND COLUMN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-copy-a-formula-in-a-column-to-the-answer/2fd20eec-3b3f-42e5-8ee9-372fe71ccdba
  10. Creating a formula

Creating a formula: I'm trying to create a formula to have one cell equal another cell if a third cell equals 1. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-formula/e79c89fe-2e2b-47cd-9dd6-ec5d8f1232fa