Windows 10: how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security

Discus and support how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I like to use NirSoft Utilities, including all of the programs run from Sofer's NirLauncher. Windows Security killed my ability to run Nirlauncher when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thesquire08, Jun 3, 2020.

1. how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security

I like to use NirSoft Utilities, including all of the programs run from Sofer's NirLauncher.
    Windows Security killed my ability to run Nirlauncher when I ran the first scan after using several utilities launched thereby.
    I don't want to have this problem every time I want to use one of those utilities.

Does Windows Security have a setting allowing me to create exceptions?

I have been using NirSoft utilities for years without any problems and believe they are not malware apps.

If anyone can provide me with any proof to the contrary, I will read it.

My Windows version # is 1909 (OS Build: 18363.836) up-to-date

:)

thesquire08, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Nitb Win User

Windows Firefox Security Exception Window resizing itself

The issue is acknowledged by Firefox and is tracked by bug

1441304 - Security Exception Window resizes.

Update:
    The original Firefox bug used to track the issue is: 1424311 - Clicking Get Certificate causes the Add Security Exception window to expand indefinitely.

The issue is fixed in Firefox release 60, so upgrade the Firefox once the release is available.

Nitb, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Get window information

@tcebob, for all such useful little utilities my first port of call is NirSoft. Again, they have not disappointed....

WinLister v1.22 - display the list of opened windows on your system

Bree, Jun 3, 2020
  4. how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security

Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security

1. how to create an exception for Nirsoft Utilities in Windows Security - Similar Threads - create exception Nirsoft

2. Absolute novice inquiry. How is the security company ADT utilizing Device Task?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolute novice inquiry. How is the security company ADT utilizing Device Task?: What are third party domains? Microsoft is installed on my computer. I have no separate gaming platforms or separate educationalproducts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolute-novice-inquiry-how-is-the-security/321afbf8-d6a9-40d5-9c12-da7fb5df5837
  3. CPU utilization - secure frame server helper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization - secure frame server helper: Hi,I am running Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2023-‎04-‎12 OS build 22621.1555 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0 fslso.exe is causing my CPU to run at high capacity causing my computer to overheat. I can't find what this program...
  4. CPU utilization - secure frame server helper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization - secure frame server helper: Hi,I am running Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2023-‎04-‎12 OS build 22621.1555 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0 fslso.exe is causing my CPU to run at high capacity causing my computer to overheat. I can't find what this program...
  5. Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates History Viewer released by Nirsoft: Windows Updates History Viewer (WinUpdatesView) is a new software program by Nirsoft that displays the Windows updates history on the device it is run on. As is the case with all Nirsoft applications, it is fully portable and can be run from any location. Just download the...
  6. Windows defender; how to create a quarantine action exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender; how to create a quarantine action exception: hi folks, Windows defender keeps quarantining a file and I keep restoring it. This repeats every day or so. To stop this wasteful cycle, is there a way to create an exception? cheers Mark...
  7. Windows Security -- Can't create pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Security -- Can't create pin: When I try to create a pin to sign into my computer, it always comes up with this message. What do I need to do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-cant-create-pin/28a1fa4c-531e-4832-8fc0-a3d5d8d51f17
  8. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  9. Several new NirSoft tools released.

Several new NirSoft tools released.: Lots of new tools from NirSoft at NirSoft - freeware utilities: password recovery, system utilities, desktop utilities 107250
  10. Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner

Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner: Trying to scan my home network and I created a firewall rule in Norton Security that allows inbound and outbound communications on UDP port 137 from any computer. But when I scan the range of addresses from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 but nothing is found. Want am I doing...