Windows 10: How to create ANY account after clean reset of Win10

Discus and support How to create ANY account after clean reset of Win10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; New Dell laptop fresh out of the box, so I reset Windows 10 to get rid of all of the useless apps Dell pre-installs. I selected the "full clean"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MacGyverS2000, Dec 27, 2018.

1. How to create ANY account after clean reset of Win10

New Dell laptop fresh out of the box, so I reset Windows 10 to get rid of all of the useless apps Dell pre-installs. I selected the "full clean" option, so NO files, apps, etc. would be left.

Now I have a system that boots up to the sign-in screen and is waiting for an account/password, but no obvious way to add one. How is that done? A completely fresh install would run through the process of setting up the system, choosing world location, language, etc., including adding that initial user account, but the reset bypassed all of that.

To be clear: I CAN NOT LOG IN TO WINDOWS, so please don't suggest "fixes" that involve being logged in to work. Seems obvious, but I keep seeing "answers" to similar questions that don't bother to actually read the original question.

:)

MacGyverS2000, Dec 27, 2018

2. Creating a local account in Win10 pro

How do I create a local account in Win10 Pro? I've created local accounts on my laptop with Win10 Home by
    • Select ' Accounts'> 'Family & other users'.
    • 'Add someone else to this PC'

and then going through the account creation process, however my Win10 Pro doesn't have the option for Accounts'> 'Family & other users'. and I can't find a way of creating the account.

Oneeasygeezer, Dec 27, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

How to create ANY account after clean reset of Win10

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

How to create ANY account after clean reset of Win10

1. How to create ANY account after clean reset of Win10 - Similar Threads - create account clean

2. How to clean the reset history linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean the reset history linked to my Microsoft account?: There is always some reset history named LAPTOP xxx and I want to clean it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-the-reset-history-linked-to-my/5f94b884-869f-4e01-bbce-ea5ca5308cc9
  3. How to clean the reset history linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean the reset history linked to my Microsoft account?: There is always some reset history named LAPTOP xxx and I want to clean it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-the-reset-history-linked-to-my/5f94b884-869f-4e01-bbce-ea5ca5308cc9
  4. Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation: Hi Iv got a new laptop (asus vivobook 15 x512f) and i installed a clean win 10 from microsoft. (10.0.18363.592) but when it comes to searching for wifi there in nothing (pic below) and even after the installation there in no wifi icon to turn it on and the mouse pad isnt...
  5. Clean Install, no option to create Local Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install, no option to create Local Account: I worked around this, but was wondering if any one else saw this before. I have a USB Flash drive which I created from Windows 10 64 bit ISO 1903 from Microsoft burned using Rufus as a GPT/UEFI Bios boot device. I have installed Windows 10 on other computers with this drive...
  6. Unable to create a MS account on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create a MS account on Win10: I'm hoping someone can help, all my email addresses are on O365 which is preventing me from creating a MS account. I'm not actually sure why I need one but windows keeps asking (FYI I mostly use LINUX but maintain a Windows install to help me support my Mother and Sister who...
  7. Win10 ver 1511 will not update to any update even after reset.

Win10 ver 1511 will not update to any update even after reset.: I have tried everything. I even "reset" the PC. I still cannot update the computer past 1511. I tried every solution you posted and no use. The reset was a waste of time. NOW WHAT? Should I throw the computer away? Why will the computer not update?...
  8. Win10 Clean Install Creates Extra Profile

Win10 Clean Install Creates Extra Profile: Hello, I did a clean install of Win10 x64 after completely wiping the HDD clean using diskpart...clean all. Everything installed ok it seems, but for an extra mysterious profile, so there are three where there always used to be two in any installation: Default...
  9. reset pc vs clean install win10

reset pc vs clean install win10: The reason I'm asking is because clicking the update and security in the windows settings brings up a page with different options where there is one for recovery. Clicking that recovery option opens another page with 3 options on the right - reset this pc; advanced start-up;...
  10. How to wipe Win10 Clean?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to wipe Win10 Clean?: Hi, I would like to know how to wipe windows 10 clean due to the errors I've been getting recently, I've tried doing the tutorials but the settings app will not open. So is there any other way to wipe the computer clean? it would be appreciated if someone could help. 49515