Windows 10: How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?

Discus and support How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I have on CD small system which at computer start boots into. So, when I want to access this OS, I must to have always CD in drive... I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MIRKOSOFT, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?

Hi!

I have on CD small system which at computer start boots into.
    So, when I want to access this OS, I must to have always CD in drive...
    I want to leave CD away and create from this bootable partition on harddisk and will have access to OS directly without CD..

Is it possible? If, how?

Thank you for help.

Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Jan 16, 2018
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 16, 2018
  3. How to create a bootable disk?

I have a 500 GB hard disk.

120 GB for Windows and 380 GB for Data.

Will a disk image require 500 GB or can I chose to backup only the 120 GB partition?

Which Disk Image software do you recommend?

GylenthalRS, Jan 16, 2018
Thema:

How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD?

1. How to create bootable disk partition from bootable CD? - Similar Threads - create bootable disk

2. creating bootable cd/usb drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating bootable cd/usb drive.: How do you create a bootable cd/USB drive in windows 10 or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-bootable-cdusb-drive/9d71be61-a696-496a-9b75-d5cd792e0208
  3. Problem creating bootable CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem creating bootable CD: I'm having an issue creating a bootable CD. I created a System Repair Disk via the "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" (which an odd title in itself). After the initial creation looking at the disk in File Explorer shows files/folders and it has a label. Upon trying to boot...
  4. How to Create Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Create Bootable USB: Hi, Just downloaded windows 10 Installation Media from Download Windows 10 . There are two options there Update and Download tool now. I first tried Update and was told that a newer version was available. This was downloaded successfully. That said, the reason I went on there...
  5. How to create a bootable CD in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create a bootable CD in windows 10: Must be old school, but is there a way to create a CD in Windows 10 that is bootable. All the discussions that I have found talk about the ISO file for windows 10. I have a laptop that has an enterprise version of windows 7 on it, and I want to do a clean install of windows...
  6. How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create from bootable CD the bootable partition?: Hi! I have multi-OS computer and own one Live CD which boots at computer start if I select Boot from CDROM. I want to work without CD - make it like installed system. It is not problem of copying content of CD to harddisk partition, problem is for me to make it bootable....
  7. disk is not bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    disk is not bootable: hi, I have a folder structure (see below) that is created after upgrade from W7 to W10. In my previous question a day ago it was confirmed that it could be used for creating W10 installation media. So I don't want to repeat how it was created. It was created automatically...
  8. How to create a Windows 10 bootable install disk?

How to create a Windows 10 bootable install disk?: I've asked about this a long time ago. Several personal issue interfered with me getting computer work done. Now I'm starting a telecommuting job in a week, need to clean things up a bit. Just in case I have issues, I'd like to burn off a bootable Windows 10 that I downloaded...
  9. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD: Hi my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option. The setup is to boot to the DVD drive first but it does not happen. I believe there is a technique for W7 but it seems...
  10. How to Copy Bootable CD

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Copy Bootable CD: Hello, So I used to use Nero in Win7 to duplicate my backup CD's and Bootable utilities like MemTest etc. But Windows 10 made me remove Nero as not compatible. So how to duplicate my Data Backups and Bootable utility CD's in Windows 10 please? I know there are lots of...