Windows 10: How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10

Discus and support How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In the quest to maximize productivity and blitz through the flood of Windows 10 applications at top speed, ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ aid as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 4, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 4, 2019

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Sep 29, 2019
  4. joShu001 Win User

Custom keyboard shortcuts slow to execute

Nyima, thanks for suggesting some methods to fix this problem.

Unfortunately, none of them worked for me.

I recommend you try to replicate the problem on your own device:

Create a keyboard shortcut to an app or folder in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-keyboard-shortcuts-open-programs#1TC=windows-7

Then try the shortcut you just created.

Note how long it takes.

Then use a built-in short such as CTRL SHIFT ESC (Task Manager)

Note how long it takes.

Compare the times.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, in Windows 8 custom keyboard shortcuts used to take a long time, and then keyboard shortcuts became very fast after a Windows 8 patch.

Then I updated to Windows 10 and now the shortcut delay is back.

I have two Windows 10 devices and the keyboard shortcut delay is on both of them.

It is something inherent to Windows 10.

Since non-custom shortcut keys (E.g. CTRL SHIFT ESC, Windows Key E, etc., Windows Key 1, etc.) are nearly instantaneous I compromised on this problem for now by putting the links I commonly use on the taskbar using this technique:

http://lifehacker.com/5382578/pin-any-item-to-the-windows-7-taskbar

The first link on your taskbar corresponds to the shortcut Windows Key 1, etc.

Compromising in this manner means I have to relearn all my shortcuts, annoying, but at least these taskbar shortcuts have no delays, unlike the custom shortcut keys.

joShu001, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - create custom Keyboard

2. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  3. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  4. Creating custom keyboard shortcut for capitalized accent characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating custom keyboard shortcut for capitalized accent characters: Hi, i'm Italian and hence i have the "àèìòù" characters. However, i've bought a laptop w/o the numpad, and was wondering if there's any native way be it an option, a registry edit or whatever to assign custom shortcuts to the capitalized versions of the above characters ÀÈÌ...
  5. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  6. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Support
    Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  7. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  8. How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps

How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps: In trying to overcome an apparent Windows 10 bug that makes some icons tiny vs other created shortcuts on the desktop, I thought it better to simply create a new icon, and then use it in creating a desktop link shortcut to the app. For this example I'm looking at the...
  9. Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume: Ok, been looking for a potential solution all morning. I'm wondering, is there's a simple keyboard shortcut that either exists or one I can create to mute the volume of the current app I have open without having to open the volume mixer? It's just slightly annoying when...
  10. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10: How to: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. The default keyboard shortcuts for Game bar...