Windows 10: How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps

Discus and support How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Microsoft introduced UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps in Windows OS based on UWA (Universal Windows Apps) to access across all compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 6, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps

WinClub, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10

Cool Shawn, great find, Now you get a gold star on your MVPHow to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps :)
    How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps [​IMG]

First of all, and most important, it follows the DARK THEME*Thumbs

One problem is it wants to show "Public" which of course is empty(hello Windows 7)

My Quick access populates though

screenshot of the right click menu

properties

You can still navigate using the breadcrumb trail.

I was able to click a word file and it opened the Word UWP app no problem.

Could not run a batch file(flush DNS as a test), and there is no Run as Admin option yet either.

Well that's what I got so far*Shock

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10

To get the shortcut in the Start Menu, go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and follow Option Two in the tutorial.

It will:
    1.) Place a shortcut in the All Apps column.
    2.) Then just right click and select "Pin to Start"

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to create desktop shortcuts for Windows 10 UWP apps - Similar Threads - create desktop shortcuts

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. how to create shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create shortcut on desktop: I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-shortcut-on-desktop/7bd2975a-3d10-48f3-94e4-1bc2009430ea
  4. UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out: I recently started using gamepass on PC and when I installed games from the windows store, the apps were displaying their icons correctly. But when i played with my desktop icon zoom, they started looking like this any the won't go back. Is there any way to fix this, or is it...
  5. how do i create a desktop shortcut for an app in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i create a desktop shortcut for an app in windows 10?: I just installed "Best Calculator" onto my PC from the MS store, but I can't figure out how to put a shortcut on my desktop. The response to this question posted in 2015 is to drag the icon from the Start page to the Desktop, but I don't think there's any way to display...
  6. How to create Desktop Shortcut to Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Desktop Shortcut to Favorites in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Creating a Desktop shortcut enables Windows 10 users to quickly access items of daily use. You can also add your Favorite items to the Desktop as shortcuts. So, if you are interested in creating a Desktop Shortcut to Favorites in [...] This post How to...
  7. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  8. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  9. How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?: Instead of pinning the camera app to the taskbar, I'd like it to be a desktop shortcut, but there is no right-click option for that, and I can't find where the camera app folder is located in Windows 10. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! 44664
  10. Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a UWP File Explorer app Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14936 includes a new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) File Explorer app that is still an unfinished early version....