Windows 10: How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this post, we show you how to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10. With Hyper-V, PC users can create, configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 17, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10

How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10 How-to-create-Hyper-V-Virtual-Machine-Desktop-Shortcut.png
    In this post, we show you how to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10. With Hyper-V, PC users can create, configure and enable running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host machine that supports virtualization. Virtualization enables quick deployment of computer systems, a way to quickly restore systems to a […]

This article How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Cliff S Win User

Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

Another easy to follow tutorial @Kari*Biggrin

I not only successfully created my Ubuntu 15.10 shortcut, I was able to customize it for the OS it was for(in this case Wily Werewolf).
    I went to Bing Images found me a small JPG image,
    opened it in Paint,
    and reduced the size, in this case to 256x149.

I then "saved as" PNG(to convert to ICO in next step, a must)
    Then I went to ConvertICO.com - Convert PNG to ICO and ICO to PNG and converted it to ICO.

Then I saved it on my system where it will never be moved, in my case a Theming Stuff library I have created long ago.

Then I just went into the shortcuts properties, and changed the icon.

And the results marked in the red square:

How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

The PNG version:

How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

Additional Info: You can pin it to Start too....

Cliff S, Apr 17, 2022
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 17, 2022
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Apr 17, 2022
Thema:

1. How to create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Desktop Shortcut in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - create Hyper Virtual

2. Hyper V Manager unable to create new virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Manager unable to create new virtual machine: Hyper V Manager is unable to create new virtual machine. When I went and checked the event viewer I found this error message The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service encountered an unexpected error: %%2147778704 0x80048090....
  3. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  4. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  5. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  6. Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery: How to: Hyper-V - Create Custom Virtual Machine Gallery [img] Information Quick Create is a feature in Hyper-V allowing users to setup new virtual machines with a few mouse clicks. At the moment, Quick Create offers users a quick setup of Windows 10 Developer Environment,...
  7. Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Export Hyper-V Virtual Machines in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were...
  8. Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Note There's nothing wrong in running the Hyper-V Manager and launch your virtual machines from there. However, creating a...
  9. Hyper-V Quick Create - Create or Copy a Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Quick Create - Create or Copy a Virtual Machine: How to: Hyper-V Quick Create - Create or Copy a Virtual Machine [img] Information Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 gave a facelift to Hyper-V as told earlier on Ten Forums. One of the new cool things is a new feature in Hyper-V Manager called Quick Create. With it...
  10. Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V enables...