Windows 10: How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

Discus and support How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar. They stayed there when it upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 123pugsy, Oct 8, 2020.

1. 123pugsy Win User

How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar.
    They stayed there when it upgraded to WIN10.
    I now have a new system and NEED them back.
    I can't find the website as there are so many hits now with the search words used.

Anyone know how to do this in Win10?

- - - Updated - - -

Here' the icons I had made. "X" is for Documents and desktop is for, well, desktop of course.
    Click the X and a new window opens each time.

How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I figured out how to get a Documents icon, (the X) and a desktop icon. However the desktop icon does not take me to the official Desktop, it takes me to the file desktop. If that makes any sense......I like to go to the real desktop where I have a nice background pic.

How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents? [​IMG]

:)

123pugsy, Oct 8, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 8, 2020
  4. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

1. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents? - Similar Threads - Create Icons Desktop

2. Desktop Documents Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Documents Icon: I have this icon stuck on my desktop, I think if I delete it then it will remove all my documents, also when I restart my computer it comes back even if I delete it I believe....
  3. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  4. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.: So, recently I started working on my new game. I work with Photoshop and I save all my images on my desktop because it's easier to find the photo. A few days ago, I was doing the same thing, but the message popped up saying: "You are not allowed to finish this process. Please...
  5. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  6. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  7. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  8. How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops: Just an idea for anyone wanting icons for the virtual desktop. You need a fixed number of virtual desktops for this to work. For example, I am using 3 virtual desktops. If I wanted to use 4, I would have to recode it or just not used the icons. - Get a free scripting...
  9. Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons...How To Create Them ?: O.k.....Since switching to the Edge browser, I find that I cannot ''drag and drop'' anything from the favourites bar to the desktop, to create quick link icons.....at the moment I keep going back to Chrome, which allows you to do this....there must be a way surely, in Edge to...
  10. how to create a desktop icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create a desktop icon for file explorer: I just moved from W7 to W10 and haven't been able to figure out how to create a desktop app icon for file explorer. I can do it for apps that I've loaded, but can't figure it out for special Windows programs. Yes, I have it in my task bar and can clearly see it in the...