Windows 10: how to create kaffinity mask

Discus and support how to create kaffinity mask in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i need select cpu cores on which will be processed dpc and isr. And i have no idea how to create kaffinity mask, it is 64bit value, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Oct 8, 2017.

1. empleat Win User

how to create kaffinity mask

Hello,
    i need select cpu cores on which will be processed dpc and isr.
    And i have no idea how to create kaffinity mask, it is 64bit value, which is in registry as binary value.
    I have 8 cores, 4 physical and 4 threads.
    I don't even know which are physical and which threads and how to obtain such information.
    I want to exclude 2 physical cores from processing dpc and isr.
    Interrupt Affinity | Microsoft Docs
    IoConnectInterrupt routine (Windows Drivers)
    There is calculator, but i don't know if affinity mask is same as kaffinity mask and i didn't find anything usefull searching for kaffinity mask.
    Affinity Mask Calculator - Prepar3D (P3D V1, V2, V3 & V4) - Flight Simulator X - FSX Steam Edition
    Thank you very much.

:)

empleat, Oct 8, 2017

2. How do I find what the Subnet Mask and DNS are?

How to find a subnet mask number

LeonVasilevski, Oct 8, 2017
  3. New Windows 10 Product key sticker damaged trying to remove the grey scratch foil

Thanks for reporting back. This is how it should work until the product masking is fixed. Sorry you had to go through that. It must have to do with this being the first time they've used that kind of Key masking.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 8, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows is going to automatically adjust for the cores available, depending on your bios settings. You should not have to make any changes, since it is not going to do anything. That last link has everything in it what they are doing for the Flight Simulator if you are wanting to use that.

bro67, Oct 9, 2017
  5. empleat Win User
    I found tool, which allow me to change it.
    Interrupt Affinity Policy Tool and unexpected affinity mask type

But i have problem, i set affinity for usb devices, which are using driver usbport.sys and system assigned other drivers to cores i want to make dpc free.
    I just need to set affinity for devices in registry which using drivers, that are displaying in latencymon.
    I am currently looking for devices which uses tcpip.sys i looked to device manager and checked show hidden devices and open every network adapter -> drivers tab and there was nowhere tcpip.sys driver under these adapters which confuses me, because i woudl expect tcpip.sys would have to do something with network adapters. And yet looking for ntoskrnl.exe and ndis.sys, dxgkrnl.sys.
    If know which devices correspond to this.

empleat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to create kaffinity mask - Similar Threads - create kaffinity mask

2. Disable password masking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable password masking: How do you disable password masking on windows 10? I have a disability that makes it hard to type and I absolutely abhor the fact that passwords on logging in aren't visible as I am typing. I have seen people say it' so nobody can look over your shoulder as you login but that...
  3. Disable password masking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable password masking: How do you disable password masking on windows 10? I have a disability that makes it hard to type and I absolutely abhor the fact that passwords on logging in aren't visible as I am typing. I have seen people say it' so nobody can look over your shoulder as you login but that...
  4. Masked IPs in ipconfig

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Masked IPs in ipconfig: Hello,Recently, I've been "scammed" and downloaded a fake software over discord and after that, my discord application disconnected and couldn't load it anymore. After that, I noticed I can't access any discord url such as https://discord.com/ or https://discordapp.com/ or...
  5. Masked IPs in ipconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Masked IPs in ipconfig: Hello,Recently, I've been "scammed" and downloaded a fake software over discord and after that, my discord application disconnected and couldn't load it anymore. After that, I noticed I can't access any discord url such as https://discord.com/ or https://discordapp.com/ or...
  6. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  7. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  8. Grey bar masking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey bar masking: How to fix the Grey bar at the bottom of the screen, it is masking taskbar located at the bottom. I tied clean boot, updating video card, etc. And It is not related to the taskbar....
  9. How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas

in Browsers and Email
    How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas: Am getting what seems to be an overlay which is cut up and makes the area below unreadable. It appears over pictures and input areas. Does not appear 100% but at a very high percentage of the time when using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. The jpg below shows the unwanted...
  10. How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas

in Windows 10 Support
    How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas: Am getting what seems to be an overlay which is cut up and makes the area below unreadable. It appears over pictures and input areas. Does not appear 100% but at a very high percentage of the time when using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. The jpg below shows the unwanted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kaffinity