Windows 10: How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons

Discus and support How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi there, i want to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons, i have looked over the internet but didnt able to make it work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/p__3, May 14, 2020.

1. /u/p__3 Win User

How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons

hi there,

i want to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons, i have looked over the internet but didnt able to make it work on W10...

there's was one app with many more features including this one but it was very costly...

so, im looking for a free way to enable this shortcut... if anyone knows?

submitted by /u/p__3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/p__3, May 14, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 14, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, May 14, 2020
  4. How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, May 14, 2020
Thema:

How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons

1. How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Create Keyboard Shortcut

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. How to show or hide common system icons on Windows desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide common system icons on Windows desktop: [IMG]You might have tried hiding all the desktop icons in your Windows 11 computer. Simply right-click in the empty space on your desktop and go to View > Show desktop icons. This will hide all the desktop icons. In this post, we will talk about how to show or hide common...
  4. Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.: Create a desktop shortcut to websites with Edge as follows: 1. %windir%\explorer.exe microsoft-edge:website path 2. Specify the website icon. But the icon of "Explorer" in Task Manager becomes the icon of the website....
  5. 'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query

'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query: I know that we can hide our desktop icons from the right-click view menu.My question is whether there is a keyboard shortcut, or a way to create one, to do this?An internet search suggests it isn't possible unless you download third-party apps but I wanted to check on this...
  6. Show/Hide Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show/Hide Desktop icons: Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide or show desktop icons? submitted by /u/Deathpact231 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i193tb/showhide_desktop_icons/
  7. how to create shortcut on desktop

how to create shortcut on desktop: I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-shortcut-on-desktop/7bd2975a-3d10-48f3-94e4-1bc2009430ea
  8. create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop

create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop: In File Explorer>documents, right click an excel file>create shortcut. Noi shortcut is displayed on the desktop. Seems like I've successfully done this numerous times in the past. Hmmm. Any idea what's going on? Thanks. sweettasha...
  9. Need Help With Creating Icons for Desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help With Creating Icons for Desktop Shortcuts: In trying to create desktop shortcuts to websites that have recognizable icons, instead of Microsoft's generic, look-alike ones, I tried to follow this excellent, step-by-step YouTube video which was generously submitted by Edwin, however I got stuck at one point, and don't...
  10. Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows How to Create a Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows Show desktop can be used to minimize and restore all of your open windows at once. The included Show desktop transparent button is at the end of the notification area on...