Windows 10: How To: Create local users or admins remotely

Discus and support How To: Create local users or admins remotely in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Noel New Member

How To: Create local users or admins remotely

You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost.

For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here.

Once downloaded open a command prompt as Administrator from the server or a machine logged in with a domain administrator and type

PSEXEC \\computername NET USER localadmin <pass> /add

PSEXEC \\computername NET LOCALGROUP Administrators localadmin /ADD

localadmin being the username you wish to use and the <pass> is the user’s password.

(3900)

read more...

Noel, Oct 6, 2021

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Oct 6, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

defragmentation denies my admin privilege

Hi Billy,

To further assist you, kindly check if your credentials is set to
    Admin. To set your credentials
    to Admin, please follow the steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Choose
      User Accounts.

• Click on
      Change your Account type.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to create a
    local Account and set it to Administrator. To create a local account, please click this
    link and set it as Admin. Use the local account to run the Defragmentation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

1. How To: Create local users or admins remotely - Similar Threads - Create local users

2. Created a Local User Admin Profile and now it says the password is incorrect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Created a Local User Admin Profile and now it says the password is incorrect...: Hello I have a created a major headache and I don't understand how it happened or how to recover it.I was uncluttering a laptop which had multiple user accounts and wanted only 1 local user with admin rights.When I created the local user account I entered the Password...
  3. Created a Local User Admin Profile and now it says the password is incorrect...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Created a Local User Admin Profile and now it says the password is incorrect...: Hello I have a created a major headache and I don't understand how it happened or how to recover it.I was uncluttering a laptop which had multiple user accounts and wanted only 1 local user with admin rights.When I created the local user account I entered the Password...
  4. Trouble creating Local admin users via Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble creating Local admin users via Intune: We are trying to create a local admin user other than the auto pilot user in Intune. The way we have setup is our auto pilot user Domain user account is an admin user and then we are using CSP to create another local admin user. We are using hybrid mode enrollment.We have a...
  5. Trouble creating Local admin users via Intune

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble creating Local admin users via Intune: We are trying to create a local admin user other than the auto pilot user in Intune. The way we have setup is our auto pilot user Domain user account is an admin user and then we are using CSP to create another local admin user. We are using hybrid mode enrollment.We have a...
  6. Trouble creating Local admin users via Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to create a new admin user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to create a new admin user account: I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-admin-user-account/cbf0d022-3fee-4615-8c67-d5f1038ed86d
  8. How to prevent creating local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent creating local users: I need to setup time restrictions for childs pc, which i did and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then the kid found out he can just create a new local account... Some thing that are done, child is on standart account NOT admin, still can create a new local acc and even...
  9. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  10. How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin: After joining a computer to AzureAD you will login with a user and will be automatically added as a local admin. The trouble is when logging with other users. These users will automatically set as users to the computer. From the Computer Management Console there is no way to...