Windows 10: How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click

Discus and support How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I can create manually a SRP by navigate with lots of clicks to the Win10 built-in dialog. But I prefer a much simpler way to do this with as few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Aug 21, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click

Ok, I can create manually a SRP by navigate with lots of clicks to the Win10 built-in dialog.

But I prefer a much simpler way to do this with as few clicks as possible.

Is there a built-in cmdline command which let me do that? Something like

createsrp.exe -label "my sysrestpoint 123"

On Windows 7 there were a lot of 3rd party SRP tools which ease this function very much.

Since these Win7 tools do not work any more on Win10 may I ask for some similar tools for Win10?

Thank you
    Peter

:)

pstein, Aug 21, 2019

2. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 21, 2019
  3. BJM
    bjm Win User
    System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click [​IMG]

4. How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click

unable to create system restore point

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to create manual restore point in Windows 10?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to create restore point?
    I like to inform you that, Windows automatically creates a restore point when you install desktop apps and new Windows updates, if the last restore point is older than 7 days. You can also create a restore point manually at any time.

To create restore point Manually, follow the below steps:

1. Press the WinKey+X to display the system menu and click
    System.

2. On the left side menu, click
    System Protection.

3. In the Protection Settings section, click the
    C: (system) drive.

4. Click the Create button.

5. Type a name for the System Restore file (The
    Date and Time will be added automatically).

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click

1. How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click - Similar Threads - create manually System

2. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  3. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  4. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?: Hi there!Windows has a lot of advanced recovery tools, which help to recover your OS after some crash or unexpected behavior.A system restore point is one of those. It helps you recover your system to the date you recorded the point.You can create these points when...
  6. Manually created restore point not found

Manually created restore point not found: Last night I manually created a restore point, prior to installing an optional Windows feature SNB. This morning, I went to do a restore and found that there are NO restore points at all.What gives?Thanks....
  7. System Retore error 0x81000203

System Retore error 0x81000203: I have system restore error 0x81000203 windows 10, tried everything suggested, start shadow copy, volume shadow copy, disabled antivirus but problem remains, any suggestions? Thanks...
  8. Window 10 system Retore

Window 10 system Retore: How to use system restore to fix Windows 10 issue ? Windows Customer Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-system-retore/44be1494-8d53-4366-83dd-5d480d03c6ca
  9. How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to create manually a System Retore Point from cmdline/with 1 click: Ok, I can create manually a SRP by navigate with lots of clicks to the Win10 built-in dialog. But I prefer a much simpler way to do this with as few clicks as possible. Is there a built-in cmdline command which let me do that? Something like createsrp.exe -label "my...
  10. Cannot find manually created System Restore Points

Cannot find manually created System Restore Points: I'm having Internet Connection issues with Microsoft, Dell Update and Chrome and want to restore system back to before use of Internet security program. One auto restore point does display but mine don't. Auto restore point failed. Is there a way to get more restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve masodas