Windows 10: How to create new Windows Boot Manager when i convert MBR to GPT

Discus and support How to create new Windows Boot Manager when i convert MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Before i bought computer i see Windows Boot Manager in Boot Option . But after a while Company Asus install new Windows 10 for me on MBR Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by facebook, Sep 25, 2016.

1. facebook Win User

How to create new Windows Boot Manager when i convert MBR to GPT

How to create new Windows Boot Manager when i convert MBR to GPT [​IMG]

Before i bought computer i see Windows Boot Manager in Boot Option . But after a while Company Asus install new Windows 10 for me on MBR Disk i don't see it anymore.

I search google "How to convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk without reinstall Windows". They instruction me .
    I use AOEMEI Partition resize C unallocated 2GB.
    After that i right click Disk convert to GPT Disk.
    I reboot computer and it show like above image. I don't see "Boot Option #1 Windows Boot Manager" in Boot Option.
    How to create new Windows Boot Manager ?

:)

facebook, Sep 25, 2016

2. Problem with External Disk management.

Hi,

Was the Simple Volume greyed out?

The reason behind that is because Windows operating system supports both
    MBR
    (Master Boot Record) and GPT (GUID Partition Table) disk, and the two disk types have their own characteristics on their performance.

MBR (Master Boot Record)

• Can only support up to 2T capacity.
    • Can only create up to 4 primary partitions.
    • Once you want to create more partitions for different files, you have to convert one primary partition to extended partition.

GPT (GUID Partition Table) breaks out the limitations of MBR

• Supports more than 2 TB capacity
    • You can create 128 partitions on GPT disk

It seems that your hard drive is MBR that can only use up to 2 TB. That’s why the
    New Simple Volume greyed out beyond 2 TB in Windows Disk Management. To resolve it, you should change the MBR into GPT disk so that the part beyond 2 TB can be available.

Here's how to do it from the Disk Management:

• Right-click This PC -> Manage -> Disk Management
    • Right-click your hard drive and select “Convert to GPT Disk
    • Then, follow the guidance to finish this conversion.
    NOTE: When you use Disk Management to convert disk from MBR to GPT and there are some files on the 3TB hard drive, you have to delete all the data on the disk. Because Disk Management can only
    convert an empty MBR into GPT. Otherwise, the Convert to GPT Disk would be grayed out.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Joanna 777, Sep 25, 2016
  3. facebook Win User

Thanks all . Just download Macrium Reflect create Boot USB . And boot from that usb , click fix the boot windows 10.
    Very simple method
    Method 2 : Recreate EFI Partition with Windows Install USB and diskpart.

facebook, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

1. How to create new Windows Boot Manager when i convert MBR to GPT - Similar Threads - create Boot Manager

2. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  3. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  6. Convert GPT to MBR

Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  9. Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?: I've just recently re-installed Windows on my laptop. I had the hard drive set to a GPT format disk since my system supports and previously used UEFI boot, but this install wouldn't allow it so I just went to MBR again.. Is there a way to convert the currently MBR type...
  10. how to convert MBR to GPT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to convert MBR to GPT?: hi I have a problem in installing Windows 10 from usb drive. Error is "windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has MBR partition table. on efi system windows can only installed to GPT disk" I have formatted without aware this issue. I have few...