Windows 10: How To Create Random Alarms Throughout The Day

Discus and support How To Create Random Alarms Throughout The Day in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, So I'm looking for a simple idea of how to create 2 random alarms within two certain time frames which pop up a customizable message box on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pepanee, Jul 24, 2019.

1. pepanee Win User

How To Create Random Alarms Throughout The Day

Hello,

So I'm looking for a simple idea of how to create 2 random alarms within two certain time frames which pop up a customizable message box on the screen.

So let's take this case:
    I want the first alarm to happen at a random time in between 9:00AM to 10:00AM, and the second alarm to happen in between 1:00PM to 2:00PM.

So an example of what would happen:
    I will have a text box pop up on the screen with the
    > Window titled: "A"
    > The message: "1"
    > With an OK button under that
    > at 9:26 AM & 1:01 PM

Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks.

:)

pepanee, Jul 24, 2019

2. Cannot create weekly alarm

Hello.

I just want to create weekly alarm at Sunday 9:00, for example. If it is Thursday today, my alarm will be created to ring at 9:00 at every Thursday. When saved, the day I set to ring on, changes to current day. I tried to change current day to Sunday, alarm
    was successfully created, but if I change ringing time at any day except Sunday, the alarm day sets to current day of week.

Sadly, isn't it?

fantik---01, Jul 24, 2019
  3. BryanW82 Win User
    Random Alarm Ringing

Since I have updated to Dev Preview WP8.1 update 1 on my Lumia 1020 it has been triggering the alarm sound at random. It happens once or twice a day at no specific time and is only switched off by activating the screen and then pressing a volume button.
    As mentioned, there is no set time this does it and it can happen once or twice, somedays even more. It even happens if there is no alarm set in alarms (in particular - it's not a snooze!) I am waiting for the Dev Preview Cyan to rollout to the 1020 and will
    monitor it then, anyone else noticed this at all?

BryanW82, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Random Alarm Ringing

Hello BryanW82:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with your phone alarm. I have not found any other reports of this specific behavior. There is certainly a chance this has something to do with the firmware. As you do not have Cyan
    now, there are a couple other things to explore.

One thing to do is to review not just your alarms but your reminders and calendar events. The notification sounds for these can sound like alarms. If you do have reminders and events set, it may be a good idea to review the settings to see if any of them
    my be leading to these random sounds.

The next thing I would suggest you try is to manually set the time and date on your phone. You can do this by going to settings > time + date > turn automatic setting to OFF > set the time, date and time zone. Once this is done, reboot the phone and monitor.

Next, if you have any third party alarm apps on the phone it may be a good idea to uninstall them and monitor the phones behavior. I have seen some other reports of various Cortana or alarm issues related to apps installed on the phone.

Finally, I would suggest you try a soft reset of the phone. You can do this by going to settings > storage sense > phone > temporary files > delete > Internet Explorer settings > delete history. Once this is done, press and hold the down volume button
    + the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots.

For anyone that has had this experience, please provide the details below.

• Make and model of your phone.
    • Current OS version.
    • Current firmware revision.
    • For Nokia users, have you installed Cyan?
    • Country you are located in.
    • Regional setting of your phone.
    • Language setting of your phone.
    • Speech setting of your phone.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Create Random Alarms Throughout The Day - Similar Threads - Create Random Alarms

2. Numerous popups throughout the day

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Numerous popups throughout the day: I tried AV full system scans with Kaspersky, Malware bytes, hitman, win defender. No malware detected. Checked for exclusions, none. This started a few months ago.The popups are all related to the dotnet framework, so I tried repairing and then finally uninstalled and...
  3. How to add a set of wallpapers that changes throughout the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a set of wallpapers that changes throughout the day: I want to add wallpapers that will change throughout the day. Like 1 for dawn, evening, noon , dusk and so on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-set-of-wallpapers-that-changes/efee8317-ac12-49c2-b9dd-f2cec9a036da
  4. Various random BSODs throughout the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various random BSODs throughout the day: September of last year I updated majority of the parts in my system (motherboard, cpu, ram), and since then I've had random BSODs all pointing to different things at random intervals. Recently it hasn't been happening super frequently, but still occurs once in a while. I've...
  5. Random PC resets throughout the day

Random PC resets throughout the day: I just bought this PC and Ive been getting random PC restarts multiple times a day. I checked the temps figuring it was overheating and the cooler wasnt well attached or something but the pc has stayed below 50 degrees. I checked and updated drivers but that hasnt helped. I...
  6. Random black screens throughout the day

Random black screens throughout the day: Why the pc is in idle using discord/watching youtube random black screens occur. I get no warning to it,it's instant.The screen goes black and then the PC restarts. This started happening after I reinstalled windows I changed my motherboard and CPU and I wanted to...
  7. Random BSODs Throughout The Day

Random BSODs Throughout The Day: Attachment 69824 Hi All, As the title says, I am getting random BSODs throughout the day on my machine. Funny part is that I haven't actually seen what the BSOD errors are; I'll just step away from my computer and it's restarted because of BSOD. You'll see from my logs...
  8. Random BSOD throughout the day (irql_not_less_or_equal)

Random BSOD throughout the day (irql_not_less_or_equal): Hello, I recently started getting the same BSOD very frequently. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: bwcW10x64.sys It started happening about once a day after my computer had been running for a while, and now it's happening up to 4 times a day. Just today I...
  9. BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day

BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day: Hello, I am getting a BSOD at somewhat random points throughout the day when using my computer. It doesn't seem to occur when I do a particular task and I haven't been stressing the computer at all, just general internet browsing and editing word documents. I had this...
  10. Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day

Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day: My computer has been constantly crashing a few times a day for a few months now and I have not found out what the issue is. Im thinking that it has to do with a hardware malfunction because it seems like my drivers are working fine and are up to date. Attachment...