Windows 10: How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

Discus and support How to create Recovery disk with efi partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamon limon_488, Apr 7, 2022.

1. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS

:)

Jamon limon_488, Apr 7, 2022
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Apr 7, 2022
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

For awhile I had been wondering how to create a recovery partition to reinstall windows without the need do find my thumb drive or disk, or hell burn another. With that in mind i figured others would also like to know. Therefor I have created this Video (720P processing of vid can take upto 30min from orig post date stamp, quality will improve) and thread on how to create a BASIC recovery partition to install/repair a windows installation using a new or existing hard drive. Without the need to buy software.

Creating a recovery Partition

Creating and restoring from a current image​

[yt]3iZHR2q7T-8[/yt]​
    Feel free to sticky if you find it appropriate.

Solaris17, Apr 7, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

There are a couple of issues with the above sequence. First, @drpeppercan stated that they already deleted the EFI system and recovery partition. So why is there a select part 1 and delete part override in the command sequence? What is being deleted? The Microsoft System Reserved partition? Hopefully there is an MSR partition there because if partition 1 is the Windows OS partition, then you just deleted Windows. And if there is an MSR partition there, why delete it?

Second, without a size specified when creating the EFI System Partition, it is just going to fill all available free space at the beginning of the drive. If there was a recovery partition, EFI System Partition and MSR partition, that free space is likely to be 600 MB is size, so you just created a 600 MB EFI System Partition that only needs to be 100 MB in size.

Without seeing the layout of the disk with: select disk 0, detail disk, list part you can't really suggest an accurate list of commands to rebuild the EFI system partition. It's only guessing.

NavyLCDR, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

1. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition? - Similar Threads - create Recovery disk

2. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  3. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  4. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition: Hello,If I have a HDD and I create a small partition on it like 10GB partition and create a recovery disk on this partition. Will it format my entire hard disk or just the 10GB partition?...
  6. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?: Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS...
  7. How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create Recovery disk with efi partition?: Hi i'm limon i need help, how to create recovery disk with efi partition?the reason i want this bc my computer is installed with non factory OS...
  8. Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition: Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and formatted the HDD that had Windows 10 on it before. I just realized in Disk Management that the old HDD has the Recovery and EFI System Partitions. How would I go about adding those to the SSD instead?Thanks....
  9. Creating an EFI partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating an EFI partition: Hi, On Win 10 machine I have a 1TB SSD which I used to boot Windows and it has an EFI partition. I purchased a 2TB installed Windows on it and migrated data as a primary drive. I realised that it does not have an EFI partition (but has Boot, Page, File, Crash Dump on it)....
  10. EFI and Recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI and Recovery partitions.: new hp pavilion laptop, the 2 default partitions besides C: notice they are 100% free space, they both are before C: , however posts I have been reading call for them to be after C: for rebuilding them? -EFI system partition, according to wikipedia this is: "When a...