Windows 10: How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar)

Discus and support How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I'm trying to create url shortcuts that behave like an app and that I could pin to my taskbar.I managed to create one but now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LateChapter7, Jan 22, 2020.

1. How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar)

How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar) nbVFqAisyZmQzZqCllzj0qkT6E8MfzC3VbZ_ADOpPm8.jpg

Hello,

I'm trying to create url shortcuts that behave like an app and that I could pin to my taskbar.I managed to create one but now it seems impossible to repeat the process, I'm going mad !

Here I created a Dynamics CRM shortcut pinned to my W10 taskbar (the blue one)

If I click on it, it opens in its "own" window, as if it were an app :

See how it's underlined now that I opened the link? No additional Edge window

But now I can't seem to be able to do it again with other links. Everytime I create a shortcut it opens a new Edge/Firefox/Chrome Window aside with the browser icon. I copied everything from the icon that works (target etc) and still it opens a new window.

Shortcut that is not working (another one I created to show you) -> when I click on it, it opens an Edge window aside

Anyone has a an idea of what I am doing wrong?

I know the new Edge allows you to create apps directly from the menu but I wanted to do it manually.

submitted by /u/LateChapter7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LateChapter7, Jan 22, 2020

2. Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

Hi JM,

In pinning an app in taskbar and creating a desktop shortcut, follow the steps below.

A. How to pin apps to taskbar in Windows 10.

• Type Maps in Cortana Search.
    • Right-click on it and choose Pin to Taskbar.

How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar) 987714d5-eb03-4326-9024-8c5855974ac2.jpg

B. How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10.

• Right-click an open area on the Desktop.
    • Hover your mouse on New and click Shortcut.
    • Click Browse.
    • Click the program or file you want to create a shortcut.
    • Choose Open and hit Next. You have the option to change the name for the shortcut.
    • Click Finish button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click Next button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click the icon you want to use for the shortcut, and then click Finish.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Maharero Win User
    How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar

Hi, I've used the following steps to create a shortcut to the windows display settings page however there is no option to right click -> pin to taskbar or to just drag the shortcut there (a red circle with a cross appears when I hover it over the taskbar)

1: Right clicked on the desktop -> new -> Shortcut

2: For the location of the item I typed: ms-settings:display

3: This creates a 'url' file that links to the display settings page when opened

This shortcut will shorten the amount of time it takes me to turn off a specific monitor of my multi-monitor setup since the options given from windows + p is not sufficient (i.e. sometimes I need to only turn off both monitor 1 and 3 but keep 2 on)

Maharero, Jan 22, 2020
  4. How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar)

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar)

1. How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar) - Similar Threads - create shortcut apps

2. How to create a URL to submit the app to the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a URL to submit the app to the Microsoft Store: I would like to list my own apps on the Microsoft Store.If I am submitting an app to the Microsoft Store, I need to create a direct link tohttps://www.contoso.com/contosoapp/downloads/1.1/setup.exeIt appears that the URL must contain both the version information and the...
  3. how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11: How to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-from-pinned/86fceab5-6fe0-48d2-b5e6-77bd15b30c6c
  4. how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11: How to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-from-pinned/86fceab5-6fe0-48d2-b5e6-77bd15b30c6c
  5. Pinned URLs on the taskbar location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinned URLs on the taskbar location: I have a bunched of pinned URLs on my taskbar that I would like to copy from my old computer to my new computer. I know where the pinned apps are located %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar but the URLs are not in that folder.There are tons...
  6. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  7. URL shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL shortcut: How do you create a desktop shortcut to a URL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-shortcut/69caf9fd-eb33-4320-8bd4-10f73cb13790
  8. How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar: Hi, I've used the following steps to create a shortcut to the windows display settings page however there is no option to right click -> pin to taskbar or to just drag the shortcut there (a red circle with a cross appears when I hover it over the taskbar) 1: Right clicked...
  9. Problems when creating URL shortcuts on the desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Problems when creating URL shortcuts on the desktop: It has always been easy to create a shortcut to a URL on the Windows desktop using the following procedure: 1. Copy the URL from the browser address bar 2. Use the mouse context menu on the desktop 3. Choose New> Shortcut from the menu 4. Paste the URL into the field...
  10. How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?: Hi I can create a WiFi Connection Shortcut from Network and Sharing Center on the desktop but cannot pin it to the Taskbar. Any ideas as to how can I do that? The Attached picture is what I am talking about. [img] 65236

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-do-i-pin-a-gmail-shortcut-to-the-taskbar.103871/