Windows 10: how to create shortcut on desktop

Discus and support how to create shortcut on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THOMASFLEMING2, Jul 30, 2020.

1. how to create shortcut on desktop

I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used

:)

THOMASFLEMING2, Jul 30, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 30, 2020
  4. how to create shortcut on desktop

How to create shortcuts on desktop?

Thank you both (the person asking the question and the Microsoft tech responding to the questions) about the lack of ability to create shortcuts to the Windows 10 desktop... I was so frustrated by the whole thing that I was getting ready to ask for help
    as to how to delete the whole new Windows 10 edition!! On all my computers! I have a question to add to this discussion...I have the same issue about creating desktop shortcuts to the desktops except this pertains to when using Google as well. What would
    you suggest I do to address my concern? Please help! Also, how do I create a shortcut to the desktop using Mozilla Fox Fire? Any suggestions? Please? These things seem like simple, silly issues and a but like overkill to delete the whole new Windows 10,
    but I'm at my whits end here! And all the shortcuts I initially already created are gone! How do I get them back?

MaryMaples, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

how to create shortcut on desktop

1. how to create shortcut on desktop - Similar Threads - create shortcut desktop

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

How to disable creating new desktop shortcut: Hello If you(I believe) Ctrl + Windows key + D a new desktop will be created This feature while useless in my case also killed me quite a few times while playing Is there any way to disable this, again, in my case, worthless feature? submitted by /u/BorsukBartek [link]...
  4. How to disable creating new desktop shortcut

How to disable creating new desktop shortcut: Hello If you(I believe) Ctrl + Windows key + D a new desktop will be created This feature while useless in my case also killed me quite a few times while playing Is there any way to disable this, again, in my case, worthless feature? submitted by /u/BorsukBartek [link]...
  5. Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send to - Desktop (create shortcut): Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon and can immediately make the shortcut to the desktop without sliding the menu out. i never use any of the other shortcuts and...
  6. How to Setup Cortana and create Desktop shortcut

in Cortana
    How to Setup Cortana and create Desktop shortcut: How do I move my apps from bottom task bar to the desktop screen? Second how do I talk to Cortana? Where is the mic? * Moved from IE10/other ***Original title: Apps and cortana***...
  7. How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?

How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PleasantSport [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9z9xi/how_to_create_a_desktop_shortcut_to_this_settings/
  8. How can I create a shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I create a shortcut to desktop?: A new version of Windows 10 has no way to create shortcuts to my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-shortcut-to-desktop/f34335b0-ea8d-42f5-b9ad-e0b25646d620
  9. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345