Windows 10: How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 operating system ships with a nifty feature called System Protection. It is a feature that allows you to perform a system restore where you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 13, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10

Windows 10 operating system ships with a nifty feature called System Protection. It is a feature that allows you to perform a system restore where you select an earlier point in time, called a system restore point that your system reverts to in the event your PC isn’t working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update. In this post, we will walk you through the process of creating a desktop shortcut to open System Restore or Protection in Windows 10.

Windows automatically maintains restore points such that the oldest ones are automatically deleted to make room for recent ones. This maintenance is controlled by limiting the space they occupy to between 3% and 5% (to a maximum of 10 GB) of your disk. (The percentage is set automatically by Windows, depending on the size of your hard drive.)

Restore points are automatically created before any of the following events:

• A “restore-compliant” application installation.
    • The installation of an automatic Windows update.
    • A user-initiated system restore.
    Create System Restore shortcut

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 Create-System-Restore-shortcut.jpg

To manually create a desktop shortcut for System Protection in Windows 10, do the following:

• Right-click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop.
    • From the context menu, click New > Shortcut.
    • In the Create Shortcut window that opens, copy and paste the environment variable below into the Type the location of this item field.

%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe
    • Click Next.
    • Type System Protection (or any other name you want) in the Type a name for this shortcut field.
    • Click the Finish button.

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 Create-System-Protection-shortcut-500x370.jpg

Now, you can Pin to Taskbar or Start Menu, add to All apps, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy and quick access.

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 Quick-Restore-Maker.jpg

Alternatively, you can use the portable freeware Quick Restore Maker – a smart 1-click freeware to create a System Restore Point in Windows 10.

Related post: How to create a BitLocker Drive Encryption shortcut in Windows 10

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 Create-System-Protection-shortcut.jpg
    This article How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 13, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10  

Hello lumbco, and welcome to Ten Forums. How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 :)

Double check starting at the post below to make sure that you used that steps in the tutorial in the link below, but used the instant restore point shortcut here instead.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...tml#post804868

Brink, May 13, 2021
  4. How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10

Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10

I finally got to this and opted for the third download with prompt for description and confirmation message popups. When going to right click or double click on the download to extract the files note this will see a brand new folder created where you need to go int and right click on the vbs file itsefl to select the "create shortcut" option and drag that onto the desktop.

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

You won't be able to pin the shortcut or vsb file itself to either the task bar or Start tile area unfortunately. Here I simply drag the shortcut into a folder used for a Quick Bar toolbar option for seeing a jump list from the main task bar itself along with shortcuts for a number of other system functions as well. But as usual the vbs file works reliably! How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 :)

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Night Hawk, May 13, 2021
Thema:

How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10

1. How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - create System Restore

2. How to create a System restore point on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a System restore point on windows 11: Hi Support,I am using Windows 11 Professional Operating System.I want to create a System restore point in Windows 11.Please guide us how to create a System restore Point in Windows 11.What is the purpose of creating System restore.ThanksPradeep.R...
  3. How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?: Hi there!Windows has a lot of advanced recovery tools, which help to recover your OS after some crash or unexpected behavior.A system restore point is one of those. It helps you recover your system to the date you recorded the point.You can create these points when...
  4. System Restore will not create a restore point

System Restore will not create a restore point: This has been a recurring problem on my HP Pavilion with Windows 10 64bit. I cannot create a System Restore point and System Protection will not turn on. It just keep searching for drives. The error code given is 0x81000203. I have also tried installing Macrium Reflect as a...
  5. How Create a System Restore Disk

How Create a System Restore Disk: Hi, I have a brand new computer. How do I make a system restore disk? Thank you, Eileen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-create-a-system-restore-disk/349b769c-dba5-44ab-b219-cda007cb2ebc
  6. want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point': want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'. managed to find the ' use a restore point file' but this only allows restoration from a restore point not. relation of one. i know there a few ways to do this, but want to put a link on my start menu. cant be...
  7. Create System Restore Point in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Restore Point in Windows 10: How to: Create System Restore Point in Windows 10 How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently...
  8. Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Make a 'Create a System Image' Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include additional drives. A system image can be...
  9. Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or...
  10. Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or...