Windows 10: How to Create Task Scheduler to Kill Print Job when Printer is in Error

Discus and support How to Create Task Scheduler to Kill Print Job when Printer is in Error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone guide how to setup a task scheduler where: If print job send to printer, and printer in Error -> Task Scheduler triggers -> Auto Kill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KDRick1, Jul 10, 2020.

1. KDRick1 Win User

How to Create Task Scheduler to Kill Print Job when Printer is in Error

Can anyone guide how to setup a task scheduler where:

If print job send to printer, and printer in Error -> Task Scheduler triggers -> Auto Kill Print Job

It does not matter which printer brand or model used. Just want to auto remove the print job from the printer whenever the printer is in error.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

:)

KDRick1, Jul 10, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 10, 2020
  3. How to Run a Periodic Print Job?

I personally would let the printer operate how its supposed to operate, but if you wanted to send a periodic printing job you could create a batch script to do so. Then use Windows task scheduler to start the script when you please.

Masterchiefxx17, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Create Task Scheduler to Kill Print Job when Printer is in Error - Similar Threads - Create Task Scheduler

2. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  3. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  4. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All Printers not working Error 0x00000bbb Unable to create a print job

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers not working Error 0x00000bbb Unable to create a print job: Hello Everyone,We have one printer that is connected to two PCs. It was working normally on both PCs, but now it stopped working on one of the PCs.We are getting the error 0x00000bbb unable to create a print job, similarly, all printers including Microsoft print to PDF are...
  6. All Printers not working Error 0x00000bbb Unable to create a print job

All Printers not working Error 0x00000bbb Unable to create a print job: Hello Everyone,We have one printer that is connected to two PCs. It was working normally on both PCs, but now it stopped working on one of the PCs.We are getting the error 0x00000bbb unable to create a print job, similarly, all printers including Microsoft print to PDF are...
  7. All Printers not working Error 0x00000bbb Unable to create a print job

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job: I have installed my HP MFP274n on my Desktop and all of my laptops in my offices.Printer is connected via networking cable to my Desktop.I shared my printer from my desktop to all.Laptop A, Laptop B and Laptop CLaptop A and B are working fine on sharing printer, We are...
  9. Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job

Printer's Operation Could not be completed error 0x00000bbb. unable to create a print job: I have installed my HP MFP274n on my Desktop and all of my laptops in my offices.Printer is connected via networking cable to my Desktop.I shared my printer from my desktop to all.Laptop A, Laptop B and Laptop CLaptop A and B are working fine on sharing printer, We are...
  10. Unable to create print job

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to create print job: I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. So, we inherited a contract from another company where we will take over support of point of sale units that are spread out over a large geographical area. We normally prepare a reference unit for that contract so that we can...