Windows 10: How to create two local disks?

Discus and support How to create two local disks? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My c drive or local disk C: shows no space. I wanted to create new local disk like c drive But I don't want volumes. What should I do to create another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anupriya Balasubramanian, Feb 22, 2020.

1. How to create two local disks?

My c drive or local disk C: shows no space. I wanted to create new local disk like c drive But I don't want volumes. What should I do to create another one without any softwares?

:)

Anupriya Balasubramanian, Feb 22, 2020

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Create Password Rest Disk

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Note

• A password reset disk can only be created for local user accounts. If your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password. For Microsoft accounts you can reset the password by following the steps below
      • Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select
        Security & privacy.
      • Select Change password.
      • Enter your current password, then the new password that you want to use, then enter the new password again.
      • Select Save.

Try the following steps to create a password reset disk for a local user account.

• Login to your computer using the local account you want to create a password reset disk for.
    • Insert a USB drive or SD card into the computer.
    • Type Create a password reset disk and select it
    • Click Next.
    • Select the location to create the password key disk and click Next.
    • Enter your account password and click Next.
    • Click Next, then click Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Feb 22, 2020
  4. How to create two local disks?

create a password reset disk

Hi,

Creating a password reset disk requires you to sign in using a local account, and there shouldn't be an issue of doing it. However, we would like to know what do you mean by "nothing happens". We also suggest that you check this
    article to see if you're doing the same steps for creating a password reset
    disk.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

How to create two local disks?

1. How to create two local disks? - Similar Threads - create local disks

2. Two local disks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two local disks?: Hello guys, suddently a Local Drive X: appeared in my PC and supposedly I can't connect to itIts icon is even something I never saw, it's a drive with a question mark on the right sideIs there a way to remove this?...
  3. Two local disks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two local disks?: Hello guys, suddently a Local Drive X: appeared in my PC and supposedly I can't connect to itIts icon is even something I never saw, it's a drive with a question mark on the right sideIs there a way to remove this?...
  4. Two local disks?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two local disk D showing in disk management: I installed a new SSD to my laptop and then cloned my HDD to it then I used diskpart to delete partitions on HDD only leaving my local disk D which was partition 4 then I tried extend volume but it turned local disk D yellow which I want to convert back to blue and when I...
  6. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two local disk D showing in disk management: I installed a new SSD to my laptop and then cloned my HDD to it then I used diskpart to delete partitions on HDD only leaving my local disk D which was partition 4 then I tried extend volume but it turned local disk D yellow which I want to convert back to blue and when I...
  7. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Local Disk Z automatically created.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk Z automatically created.: Today I noticed a new disk partition appeared named Local Disk z. The size of this partition is 100MB. And I can't access it. What is this ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-z-automatically-created/f1752637-2ef7-4492-850e-62ca2b9123cb
  9. Two Local Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Local Disk Partition: I was recently shifted from hdd to ssd. After that I lost access from all of my previously installed apps and software. But there is another local disk in my new ssd where I can do my daily work. I want to transfer all of my previous local disk apps and software with their...
  10. How to create an install disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create an install disk: Hi I have searched the tutorials but cannot find a "how to" for creating a W10 Install disk, I installed W10 from the free online upgrade link. Would someone please post a link to a "how to" Thanks Daniel 56068