Windows 10: How to create UEFI Install DVD?

Discus and support How to create UEFI Install DVD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, so I'm upgrading my mom's laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. Since my last upgrade I seem to have misplaced my USB Stick that has the UEFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taji34, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Taji34 Win User

How to create UEFI Install DVD?

Hey, so I'm upgrading my mom's laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. Since my last upgrade I seem to have misplaced my USB Stick that has the UEFI Windows 10 install media on it. I do, however, have a few DVDs lying around that are large enough to make a Installation DVD. If I use the Microsoft Windows 10 Media Creation tool, will it create a UEFI Installation DVD?

:)

Taji34, Jan 6, 2016

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Jan 6, 2016
  3. slance310 Win User
    GPT Partition Style

Hi,

Do you want to install Win 10 Pro to Legacy Bios or UEFI Bios settings...

That is where the "GPT" comes in... It is required for UEFI Bios, and "MBR" is required for Legacy Bios...

How the Flash Drive is created can also determine how the installation tries to install... If it is created with a NTFS file system it will most likely try to install for Legacy Bios and look for a MBR Drive...

It is created with a FAT32 file system it will most likely try to install for UEFI Bios and look for a "GPT" drive...

You can not simply have a "GPT" or "MBR" partition... The entire drive must be GPT or MBR created when the drive is first "Initialized" after having every partition on it deleted...

If you can determine if the machine is set for UEFI or Legacy it would be easier to help... One thing to check for... If you have a small FAT32 "EFI" partition, it is UEFI Bios... If you do not, it is Legacy...

slance310, Jan 6, 2016
  4. RKG
    RKg Win User

5. Taji34 Win User
    I think you may have misunderstood. I do not have a USB available to use right now. I want to know if creating a Installation DVD using Microsoft's Windows 10 Media Creator will create a UEFI Installation DVD.

I know retail Windows 10 installation DVDs support UEFI installation, I want to know if I create one myself whether it will be the same or not.

Taji34, Jan 6, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    The answer is YES. whether it's DVD or USB. You'd have 2 options from the boot menu to boot from, one for MBR and the other for UEFI. Make sure you set the BIOS for correct installation type. Here's an example:

How to create UEFI Install DVD? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 7, 2016
  7. Taji34 Win User
    Thank you!

Taji34, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Sam I am Win User

ok so after much reading in many different posts I have a dell p207 and I do not have the option in my uefi bios to boot to said usb created with rufus and my AIO windows 10 , there is no cd / dvd rom on this tablet so I need to create and install the OS to the HDD from a different comp, can any one direct me as to how I would go about this please ?

Sam I am, Sep 17, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    There must be a way to boot from a usb drive - that is fundamental to any windows device that does not have an optical drive.

cereberus, Sep 18, 2016
  10. Sam I am Win User
    Yes one would think so , I have been beating my head against the wall with this problem. I have checked the Dell website and they refer to a recovery IMG or iso etc. They also mention select odd device to boot but that option is not available, so I guess I'm going to have to create partitions and set the primary to install the OS?

Sam I am, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to create UEFI Install DVD? - Similar Threads - create UEFI Install

2. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI: Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of issue: I can see my M.2 drive on the "EZ" screen of the BIOS so I know it's recognizable. I can boot from USB and start the...
  3. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI: Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of issue: I can see my M.2 drive on the "EZ" screen of the BIOS so I know it's recognizable. I can boot from USB and start the...
  4. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to install an UEFI-based ISO (bootable with DVD) on an USB flash?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install an UEFI-based ISO (bootable with DVD) on an USB flash?: I have an UEFI-based ISO file for a tool on windows (This tool is NOT a WinOS but a separate utility tool). If I burn this ISO onto a DVD and boot it on an UEFI computer (without Secure Boot) everything works. However If I put this ISO with e.g. Rufus onto an USB flash drive...
  6. How to create a complete restore dvd.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to create a complete restore dvd.: Greetings all. Low hours pilot here. I'm new to uSWin10 and before I blow up the used PC I bought to experiment with, I would like to know how to fix it. The OS license was obtained from the PC vendor. The uSW10Pro64 code was downloaded from uS and installed on the PC's...
  7. how create DVD disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how create DVD disk: where does windows 10 have the DVD Maker app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-create-dvd-disk/a2d1eba0-167d-4c62-8b2d-6ac6d29fd498
  8. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD: Hi my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option. The setup is to boot to the DVD drive first but it does not happen. I believe there is a technique for W7 but it seems...
  9. Booting a Win 10 DVD in UEFi Mode for Windows installation

Booting a Win 10 DVD in UEFi Mode for Windows installation: How do I set my BIOS to have the DVD boot and install Windows 10 in UEFI mode? I do see a setting on my Asus motherboard UEFI "CSM Compatability" and in there are three options: UEFI and Legacy OPROM Legacy OPROM only UEFI only Do I select UEFI only option here? What...
  10. Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode

Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode: Hello, I bought new laptop (HP 250 G5) few days ago and it came without system on it so I tried to install Windows 10 from bootable DVD. I have both UEFI and Legacy modes enabled in BIOS. When I try to boot from my Interna CD/DVD ROM Drive i just get some yellow screen...