Windows 10: How to create virtual router windows 10

Discus and support How to create virtual router windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; if you used virtual router windows 10 or hotspot software then you can let me know. as i read here: virtual router windows 10 There are 2 ways to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Susan Emery, Nov 27, 2020.

1. How to create virtual router windows 10

if you used virtual router windows 10 or hotspot software then you can let me know. as i read here: virtual router windows 10

There are 2 ways to create virtual hotspot.

1. through a third party software like connectify

2. through windows default virtual router program

what you think which method is good for sharing internet connection through windows computer?

:)

Susan Emery, Nov 27, 2020

2. Virtual router connection

so i used to have a virtual router on my windows and it worked fine but I think my windows updated automatically or something now it doesn't work. I tried doing it all over again and it creates the virtual router but there's no internet connection! Can
    anyone help me please? I can't use anything

ElnazKarami, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2020
  4. How to create virtual router windows 10

creating hotspot/ virtual router on usb wifi in windows 7

I wanted to configure my laptop (windows7 32 bit) in such a way that I can connect many android mobile phones I have, to wifi network via my laptop's wifi connection.

So I came across some softwares like Virtual router plus,connectify .All of them have given me errors.
    Screenshots for Connectify starting errors (could not be installed)

In Virtual router plus also same problems

So googling and searching I came across this page

Enable Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter and Setup Wi-fi Hotspot

But these commands are for wifi which is onboard i.e. integrated with motherboard of your laptop.

Code:
        netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=yournetworkname key=secret
    Code:
        netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    Code:
        netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
    There is a SSID to which I am already connected let us say network1 then new ssid which I want to create ssid2 (hotspot) to which I want my android mobile phones to connect to ssid2 via my laptop in above commands what does hostednetwork refer to?
    I want my android mobile phones to connect to internet using my laptop as a virtual router.
    I have multiple USB wifi devices I want to use them to solve my problem.

this page Enable Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter and Setup Wi-fi Hotspot mentions that to be able to create a virtual router , only if the wifi device has capacity `HostedNetwork=Yes`
    Code:
    which can be checked by command `netsh wlan show drivers`
    if the output has a line `HostedNetworkSuport=Yes`
    then only you can create a virtual router.
    My onboard wifi does not have capability

How to create virtual router windows 10 2baf71f7-2a97-4903-95c1-13a3e60aa3c8?upload=true.jpg

in above screenshot hostednetwork=no output is there for command `>netsh wlan show drivers` so that means my onboard wifi chipset can not create a virtual router.
    I have a USB wifi device which has this capability

How to create virtual router windows 10 f511b1a1-67fe-4f65-bc45-8a3363ba5389?upload=true.jpg

Now I want to use the USB wifi adapter to create a hotspot or virtual router.
    So how do I use above netsh commands to work on Wi-Fi2 adapter?
    My problem is all the tutorials and docs I read have mentioned netsh command assuming the user wants to create hotspot or virtual router on Wifi1 which is onboard chipset of laptop. I want to do it on USB wifi.So I am not able to understand how to proceed?

I have tried various softwares like MyPublicWifi all have failed to work properly.

if I can do so with Microsoft Virtual Router on USB Wifi Adapter that will be great.

so please give a link to do so.

I switched off the onboard Wifi via power button and then tried commands

C:\Windows\system32>

C:\Windows\system32>netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=myandroid key=121212

The hosted network started.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh wlan start hostednetwork

The hosted network started.

But it started on interface wifi which does not have the capability to run virtualrouter.

I could confirm this because the power on my onboard wifi indicator came and android could not connect to the hotspot. It showed me a hotspot with the name I made on command line but could not connect.

Following screen shot
    How to create virtual router windows 10 d363f1c0-3b60-43d9-a07e-338ab54255b1?upload=true.jpg

on my android phone shows that android could see the newly created ssid myandroid (which due to commands happened on WiFi which does not have capability to host network) but later android could not get IP from virtual router which was created on command
    line .I am not clear as how to use command to create virtual router for USB wifi (which is wifi2) or have I missed something?

[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/llUvl.jpg
    [2]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/N5o5C.jpg
    [3]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/G9cQz.jpg
    [4]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/sAMoW.jpg
    [5]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/IeWyG.jpg
    [6]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/Ryyxd.jpg

datatraveler2012, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

How to create virtual router windows 10

1. How to create virtual router windows 10 - Similar Threads - create virtual router

2. Creating a "Virtual"/"Fake" Second display on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a "Virtual"/"Fake" Second display on Windows 10: submitted by /u/yolo9900897 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9c901/creating_a_virtualfake_second_display_on_windows/
  3. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  4. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  5. Virtual Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Router: I upgraded to windows 10 and my virtual router does not work anymore I set up Windows 10 hotspot (internet sharing), I can see the network name on my iPhone but it does not get connected, any ideas how this problem can be fixed?...
  6. How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET

How to create a LAN without a router using windows 10 and NO INTERNET: Devices available. Windows 10 desktop LG Smart TV Wifi Adapter. With the wifi adapter plugged in and my desktop USB tethered to it i can create a hotspot on my desktop and then share my internet connection with other devices much like i could do if i just set my...
  7. How to create Virtual Registry

How to create Virtual Registry: How can I create and manage a virtual registry? How to use it so that only selected programs use a virtual registry? How can I close access to it? I read docs.microsoft, but there is not all the information that interests me. Appreciate your help. 122151
  8. How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops: Just an idea for anyone wanting icons for the virtual desktop. You need a fixed number of virtual desktops for this to work. For example, I am using 3 virtual desktops. If I wanted to use 4, I would have to recode it or just not used the icons. - Get a free scripting...
  9. Don't know how to create virtual switch

Don't know how to create virtual switch: Hi I am new to Hyper-V so please bear with me. After about 5 hours I managed to get the Hyper-V Manager working then tried to set up a Virtual Switch following the tutorial. What I keep getting is "Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes" please see attached. When...
  10. I can't connect to virtual router plus?

I can't connect to virtual router plus?: I had a few problems with my PC, so I refreshed it. After doing that, I was not able to connect to my virtual router plus, nor find a wireless adapter. I have literally tried everything but I can't fix it. I've attached a picture of my available adapters and maybe someone...